Can glaze go bad?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Boardtowndawg

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 6, 2018
So I bought a bottle of Daigles Apple heat rub around the end of last summer. Had every intention of using it sooner than now but I stuck it in the cabinet and ended up forgetting about it. I saw it and wanted to use it this weekend but wasn’t sure if it was still good. The glaze itself seems to have gotten “cloudy” and not as clear as it was and it looks like some has started to crystallize maybe? Little particles floating in the sauce not sure if it’s sugar clumping or what? Think it’s still good to use?

probably just sugar crystals maybe it dried out some, if is high in sugar I doubt it will hurt anyone sugar is a preservative, it might have a different taste but I would put a finger in there and taste it, if taste good go-ahead and use it up.

Reactions: Boardtowndawg
probably just sugar crystals maybe it dried out some, if is high in sugar I doubt it will hurt anyone sugar is a preservative, it might have a different taste but I would put a finger in there and taste it, if taste good go-ahead and use it up.

Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky