Can anyone give me some good inkectio advice for brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hickory is my all around favorite wood and the heat in the 225-250 range. Keep it steady and just let it go until around 195 on the internal temp.

cool.gif

I personally like apple and cherry woods but thats me too. Now for your smoker I keep mine between 230° an 250° and take it to 195° for slicing and 205° for pulling. I like mine sliced. Now for a rub I like a mixture of Old Bay and brown sugar but then thats what I like for now and it could change tomorrow who knows. But then you can get Jeff's rub it's really good too and I just haven't used it in a little while.

and do you use a fruit wood or hickory, and what temp
I use mesquite with brisket.  I smoke it at 250* for 3 hours then foil it until it reaches slicing temp (195*), then wrap it in a towel and cooler it for a couple of hours.  YUMMY!

I like to keep my rub for brisket very simple, so I don't cover up the flavor of the meat. I use salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dry mustard. I like to put my rub on about 6-8 hrs. ahead of smoke time. On my WSM I like to use mostly hickory, with 2 pieces of mesquite tossed in as well, and I run it at 220°-250°.

On the inject I use 2 cups of beef broth with a packet of au-ju sauce. If you can find the au-ju in a liquid form then 1 cup beef broth to 1 cup au-ju. Also you can fry some bacon and pour a little of the grease in there. Works for me. Rick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky