Campers??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Given the fact that we are all members because we LOVE our food, right...
I have to admit that when it comes to camping, I've scaled back a lot. I have three little girls and a of course the BOSS..
So when their idea of a camping trip doesn't involve loading up a pickup full of cooking gear, I've scaled back a lot. "WE" cook 99% outside using a Weber WeberQ grill - awesome little grills, and the "Wok". Built this baby out of a 24" JD disk about six years ago and you can cook just about anything on it - have even cooked whop-pop biscuits on it. It breaks down with removable legs so you can fit it just about anywhere.
Shown here cooking onions - not a great picture, but all I had for this post.

Growing up, we were campfire all the way and the parents still have the long "cold handle" frying pans. Our tent was a roll of heavey duty clear plastic strung over a ridge pole. Probably wouldn't have gotten that if it weren't for needing to keep the saddles dry.

To each his own!
Tracey

Ive got a weber smokey joe that I use BUTTTTT

Im looking at mounting my Chargrille on a swing arm to the bumper of our camper so I can swing it out to teh side and cook with it...Would love smoking a butt or some ribs while laid around the campsite...

Now I also like to cook on the fire, last time we went we cooked strictly on the campfire and we cooked with Marshmallow sticks or hot dog sticks. You talking about a great steak, I cut sirloinsd in half and salt and pepper on them and cook just like hotdogs, did some jumbo shrimp, several kins of sausage. The kids love it...

I camp a lot of different ways, so it depends on my mode of transport. When I horse pack, I use a Coleman stove for the quick heat up stuff, coffee, hot water, etc, and cook over a grill over the fire for meats. Car trips and campground camping we use a tent trailer and the propane stove, and our Camp Chef. Also use the Camp Chef 3 burner and wood stoves in my fall hunting camp. Heres a few of my camp kitchen configurations.
19ff48dc_vbattach23331.jpg

429fe8f7_vbattach23332.jpg

df0e290d_vbattach23333.jpg

52c79d8c_vbattach23334.jpg

Nice Mule!

Here be how alot a our camp cookin is done.

Course, creature comforts er always nice!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Kitchen area a the motorhome.

Sleepin quarters in the motorhome.

We have tented out, use a popup, which wasn't all bad, a pull trailer an now the motorhome. As long as yer gettin out an doin it, enjoyin it, be the main thing!

I love campin an fishin.

Here is the way I camp...

7821_1157817583390_1166267743_30413761_2729893_n.jpg

Rebuilding after last years visitor...

16539_1193143466515_1166267743_30492328_2583020_n.jpg

Made it thru last winter in less than optimal conditions...

16539_1193143506516_1166267743_30492329_2646616_n.jpg

We had some issues last year with a tree that dropped by for a visit...

Thanks for all the replies. Been out of town a couple days here and it's interesting to see all the different thoughts on "camping". We are relatively new to it, but Dutch Ovens are definitely part of our ensemble as well as cooking outdoors as much as possible. I'm building my argument here for a new portable machine.

Only one thought about that, depending on the winds and how you keep the camper cool, and I guess how much you like hickory smoked sheets and pillows? I thought about this but kept the move anyplace smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky