Calabrian Pepper Sauce (for salami)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Though I have 1 small jar of calabese peppers packed in olive oil, I do not have enough for both Nduja and Calabian salami so I made some.

I have red bell peppers and hot Tabasco peppers coming in good in the garden. I used 3# ripe red bells and 1/4# red ripe Tabasco peppers.

Peppers simmering..
IMG_20200821_112630.jpg

The sauce...
IMG_20200821_115202.jpg

Will be making the Nduja and Calabrese Salami sometime next week after the pepperoni sticks finish drying.

Reactions: jcam222 and kruizer
Hey Swamp
I’ve been working on the same sauce. Still waiting for my jar of Calabrian peppers to arrive in mail.
Your sauce sounds very similar to what I plan to do. Red bell peppers, Calabrian peppers,
Some red hot peppers I found in the store then some fresh garlic. I plan on making calabrese
Salami with it as well then get a little more creative with it in other Italian sausages.
Next year I plan on growing some Calabrian peppers in my garden so I can start with fresh peppers.
Cal

Reactions: indaswamp
Looks awesome! Love the calabrese flavor.

I’m interested in how the Nduja comes out, that stuff is delicious!

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky