Cajun Express CES-9 Pressure smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

caltucky

Original poster
Oct 20, 2023
New guy here, back yard BBQ for years on a simple rig. I have purchased this unit second hand from a BBQ joint in SoCal this week! A friend of mine has the CES6 model, so I've had some exposure to what it can do. The BBQ place said they simply couldn't get the volume they wanted out of it, but otherwise loved it. It's an amazing tool to have in the arsenal. Compared to something like a treager its got the upper hand in terms of efficiency and time. I use less than a cup of wood chips. Flavors have been out of this world. I can't complain about texture either. Agqin, just got it this week so I have only done two hickory smoked whole chickens with pale ale in the percolator and the fabled 4 racks of ribs on apple wood with apple juice in the percolator. Chicken was surprisingly crispy on the outside and super tender everywhere. The ribs got great reviews from my family and 3 friends. I'm no pit master, but will continue to experiment with it... Varying woods and liquid in the percolator.

Overall it's different than anything I've tried, but it has potential to make amazing food. Its NOT a bomb, the pressure inside is more like a breathing mechanism constantly oscillating between positive and negative low pressures. It so sturdy, it could double as a safe with the right lock. Its HEAVY, but has good wheels. Ill continue to experiment. Hope this helps if you're considering it. If you have questions, let me know.

Attachments

• 20231018_165649.jpg
    20231018_165649.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 53
  • 20231019_171125.jpg
    20231019_171125.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20231018_124728.jpg
    20231018_124728.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 51
Interesting looking smoker. My first time seeing one like that. Curious how it is built.
Its two chambers, inner and outer shell. The inner shell is completely sealed with exception of the percolator which draws moisture in and pushes air out continuously. There's a propane burner under it. Super this 14g and 10g steel all over it. Heavy duty is an under statement. Stainless trays.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky