Burgers contain rat and human DNA, study finds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I hate sites that you have to register with to finish reading an article. rc4u rc4u can you screen shot the article for us.

Chris

Edit: I just checked again and it didn't make me register.

I guess I can break out that Jefrey Dahmer burger recipe again. Gotta keep up with the fast food chains.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: bigfurmn
I grind my own - store bought ground beef grosses me out eve since I started grinding my own.

Funny tho - I read a book a few weeks back and a drug cartel guy in Belize ran a beef processing plant and when people didnt pay he tossed them in the grinder. The book was said to be non-fiction.

Reactions: sawhorseray
I grind my own - store bought ground beef grosses me out eve since I started grinding my own.

Funny tho - I read a book a few weeks back and a drug cartel guy in Belize ran a beef processing plant and when people didnt pay he tossed them in the grinder. The book was said to be non-fiction.
Ever watch the HBO series “The Sopranos”? They had control over a butcher shop in the neighborhood and they made people disappear in there. Right into the grinder. I bet it has been done for sure.

ya i get mine in may as price is usually best, although now price is good for times.. whole chuck roast {usually 18-20 pounds each}gets you several good steaks and a roast and best burgers in town {i have posted videos from u-tube how to cut few times}.. i grind for daughter n sister n me..the end is from rib steaks. denvers under n more if ya want but i stop there n grind https://www.samsclub.com/p/case-sal...y-3-4-pcs-case/prod17170017?xid=plp_product_1

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
WOW never seen a whole chuck roast. I'll need to start looking. 3-4 would be way too much for us. But one would fly.

you have to ask as they dont disply them.. go on website and go yo your store then search for bulk or case meats.. or beef or pork. if they got it will show. its how they get there steaks n pork for display. they sell singles usually dime a pound more

Yep. I'll be grinding my own. Pulled a butt out of the freezer yesterday for making sausage. Will follow that with a Select grade tri tip ($3.98/lb) for burgers. No humans or rats will be harmed in this grinding.

Just pulled a 12 pound brisky to grind for burgers in the morning, $1.99lb. Found a nice boneless ribeye in the bottom of the chest freezer that should have been in the upright, be dinner tomorrow. I used to grind tritip when I lived in CA, Raley's would have them for $2.99lb, not cost effective here in AZ, $4.99lb. I like doing the brisket burgers on the BS flattop, my hipshots on the Weber, that's what Jan likes most. One minute to grind, a half hour to clean up, worth every second! RAY
DSCN3808.JPG

DSCN3328.JPG

I had an experience that made me want to make my own sausage while I was a resident surgeon:

I was called to the ER to care for a patient who had had his right arm removed at about mid-bicep when his white lab coat (which he vociferously maintained he shouldn’t have been wearing, and so it was “his bad”) got caught in a giant commercial sausage grinder, and pulled his arm in (and thus off)
We took him to the OR and cleaned things up, sewed up the stump and admitted him to the ward. He was very apologetic about his accident, and maintained that it was his fault. He was especially sorry that the vat was full, and more than 1000 lbs of sausage would have to be discarded.

A couple hours later, I got a call from the ER. They said I needed to come down and “assess a limb for reattachment”. There was a box full of sausage grind (about a square foot, plastic bag liner) with a barely recognizable fingernail in its midst with a patient wrist band attached.

There were two suits from the company there as well who solicitously enquired after the injured employee, and then said:
“Boy it is horrible that this happened, but it’s a good thing that this occurred at the beginning of the grind when the vat was almost empty”

Ever watch the HBO series “The Sopranos”? They had control over a butcher shop in the neighborhood and they made people disappear in there. Right into the grinder. I bet it has been done for sure.
When Chris shot the Czech guy early on in the series I was so waiting on that......

"In the Czech republic we to love pork - ever try our sausages?" It was the perfect set up. But no - he gets buried under a bridge. Then again a few years later in a field.....

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I like to ground my own chuck but that post made me think of that one scene in Demolition Man when they are eating rat burgers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.