Brisket - Sous Vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
I been thinking about doing a brisket sous vide so I started watching youtube vids from people that have done just that. Seems to be two different methods where it gets cold smoked first the sous vide and one where it gets sous vide first then smoked later.
Any one done a sous vide brisket?

I've done it where I sous vide to start, refrigerate when it's finished, then smoke it to reheat the following day and it turned out solid, but a bit lacking in smoke flavor. I'm curious, though, to try smoking it to start, then putting it in the sous vide to cook through, then refrigerating, and reheating on the smoker the next day giving it a double smoke and a decent bark. I've been googling to see if anyone has tried such a thing and not found any results. Dunno if this idea is just crazy or what... The biggest reason for dicking around like this is to be able to eat at a decent hour and NOT have to be up in the middle of the night preparing it and attending to the fire. In theory, you'd get a well cooked, well smoked slab of meat, and be able to do it at your convenience during normal hours. Is this idea brilliant or utterly ridiculous?

The biggest reason for dicking around like this is to be able to eat at a decent hour and NOT have to be up in the middle of the night preparing it and attending to the fire. In theory, you'd get a well cooked, well smoked slab of meat, and be able to do it at your convenience during normal hours. Is this idea brilliant or utterly ridiculous?
I just did one this past weekend, smoked it till tender on Saturday, held it in a Sous Vide bath until about 6pm Sunday. It was a a good brisket and best of all, I was rested and enjoyed the party.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky