Brisket Saturday!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TheBBQChef

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 16, 2021
Branson, MO
Last week I was eyeing the Prime section at Sam's and they had a nice selection of briskets that I was evaluating when my wife called my attention to the fact that they were on sale as she noticed the price notated on a yellow sign. I looked up and saw the price - $2.76/lb! She picked out a nice 18.5 pounder that we planned to cook up for dinner tonight. Fired up the OJ Bronco last night with some post oak and briquettes, and got this beauty cooking!

Accompanying this delicious piece of beef were BBQ beans on the offset pit with brisket trim drippings, roasted Brussels sprouts, a garden salad, green beans, and topped it off with bourbon poached marsala pears.

I got lazy with the photos after the one I took just before slicing it up to serve. So you see it after it was seasoned, just on the pit, just before wrapping, and just before slicing. Had some family and friends over to help ensure most of it got eaten.

Looking forward to seeing what else everyone's been cooking this weekend!

20210219_231236.jpg 20210220_001223.jpg 20210220_091654.jpg
20210220_163541.jpg

Great looking bark! What temp did you end up wrapping and did you spray?
Doing a chuck roast (poor man brisket) today, 3.5 lbs, pulled, and creating a chipotle bowl. Made pinto beans and rice yesterday, salsa from scratch, ready to make a bowl!
I'll be rubbing and smoking at 225 for about ~4 hrs, then braising for another 2-3 hrs until probe tender in some beef broth. Pulled deliciousness it shall be! I'll post later.

Reactions: TheBBQChef
Thanks! I wrapped with butcher paper just out of the stall, about 170 degrees. I start spritzing about once an hour around 3 hours in, just to keep the edges moist. I use half water and half apple cider vinegar.

Let us know how the chuck roast turns out today! Sounds like a great meal!

Looks great to me! Sounds like it was a good idea to invite guests over also.

Ryan

Reactions: TheBBQChef
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky