Brisket Panic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokerjunkie

Original poster
Dec 31, 2018
Hello from Dallas Tx. Longtime Smoaker master of nothing. Need a little help.

Cookshak Electric Smoker started at 225
Wet Pecan chunks
Mustard, and dry rubs only.
15lb prime brisket.
Weber iGrill digital probs.

Put Brisket on at 4:30am (not room temp) just couldn’t get up in time.

All that being said my internal temps are crazy high for only 6 hrs. Currently at 180. Dropped temp to 200 plan to FTC.

Any thoughts? Have about 15 people coming over at 6:30 PM just worried this thing will be done by noon.

Appreciate any advice.

Yeah, no need to panic. I would test the temp in several spots. Sometimes you've just got a spot that's warmer then the rest, or the probe is too close to the surface and not in the center.

Thank you. Seems to have finally stalled a bit but I have so many probs on this thing now it looks like it’s life support. :)

A lot of people are very comfortable holding a brisket in a cooler, wrapped in towels, for up to 4 hours.

Reactions: fivetricks
0C1D20ED-6618-4FD6-9430-24940466E35B.jpeg

Don't worry about the IT and stall !!! Everyone gets wrapped up and worried about nothing.
I happens every time. When your Brisket hits the 195 to 205 range check it for tenderness because its probably done.
It takes a few Briskets under your belt to get comfortable. They are not hard, Just dont over think and constantly check your temp. Check out my Brisket Post's

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky