Brisket is done WAY too early...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rcp44

Original poster
Jun 10, 2018
So my brisket flat (6 pounder) is going to be finished way too early. I kind of expected it to get done a little early, but we’re talking like 8 hours early. Any tips for how to keep it from drying out, etc...?

Wrap it in foil and hold it in a 150 oven or in a cooler with a couple 150°F Bricks. Unfortunately there just are no guarantees a Flat will be or stay juicy...JJ

Reactions: boykjo
I'd seal it in a Ziploc or vacuum sealed bag and dunk it an ice bath for 20 minutes. Then when you are ready to eat it steam or wrap it tightly in foil with a little broth and pop it in a 325-350* oven it until it reaches your desired temp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky