• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brisket cold smoked, sous vide, barked and burnt ends...

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SittingElf

Fire Starter
Sep 17, 2018
Preparing for a 25-person dinner we hosted, I decided on Packer Briskets. Bought two beautiful 15 pounders at WINCO (Great supermarket in the West!). Split the points from the flats and trimmed the cap on the flats to about 1/8". Trimmed the points down to marbling.
Seasoned with a simple mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cold smoked them in my grill with the A-Maze-N pellet smoker for three hours at about 140 deg.

Didn't have a pic of the briskets being smoked, but here's the setup from my tri-tips from the previous week.
ColdSmoke.jpg

Out of the grill and into my modified cooler for sous vide. It handled both briskets with room to spare!

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Immersed at 143 deg. At 41 hours, pulled the points out and barked them with a flamethrower. Then cubed them and mixed them with a Kansas City Style BBQ sauce made from scratch. Into the grill at 225 degrees for an hour. Results were fantastic!
IMG_2528.JPG

Flats were pulled at 42 hours and also taken outside to be flamethrown for a hefty bark. After resting, the first slice showed incredible results. Medium pink, juicy, bend test perfect, and accolades from our guests! Best brisket I've ever done by any method!!
IMG_2531.JPG

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    872.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky