BLT AND LOADED POTATO SOUP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Travis The Cheese in the Potato Soup is one I have never tried but it makes my list. Thank You Points
Richie

Travis The Cheese in the Potato Soup is one I have never tried but it makes my list. Thank You Points
Richie
Thanks Richie! The cheese with the potatoes is real nice. I think next time we will replace a portion of the shredded cheese with some of our smoked cheese. Or possibly as part of the "loaded"toppings

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Marvelous looking blt, good combo with the soup too!

When you said you put mayo ok both sides, did you do the mayo sear? If so, how was it? I’ve been meaning to do a grilled cheese and try mayo on the outside instead of butter.

Marvelous looking blt, good combo with the soup too!

When you said you put mayo ok both sides, did you do the mayo sear? If so, how was it? I’ve been meaning to do a grilled cheese and try mayo on the outside instead of butter.
Thanks xray! I did not do the mayo sear. Just mayo on the inside and butter to brown in the pan. That beeing said I have done the mayo sear on grilled cheese before for my kids. When I went to make them all I had was cold stick butter in the fridge and that was not going to spread very well. I remembered seeing mayo used so I tried it. It works really good. I think it forms more of a crust that way. Almost like making French toast. Makes since because mayo is really just eggs and oil.

Yeah that’s why I remember it being a good alternative since it’s egg and oil.

Off topic...but I’ve been meaning to try a mayo seared steak post Sous Vide.

But I need a blt first!

Reactions: Sowsage
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky