Biltong Spicy Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Getting the eye round trimmed and cut to lengths.

IMG_1393.jpg

Easy recipe.
Eye round cut into 3/8” thick strips or thinner
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 T worcetershire
1 T sea salt or kosher
1 T Chili powder (your choice) or if you have some powdered peri peri
1/2 tsp black pepper
1.5 T ground coriander

Use a glass or food safe plastic conatiner. Add the vinegar and worcy sauce to container. Mix in the meat and coat all sides very good. After the meat has been coated well with the liquid take the strips out and put into another container. With a paper towel toss the stips around to take off the excess vinegar.

Put some food safe gloves on then add to the strips the salt, mix well then add the ground pepper, mix again, add the coriander (mix again then add the chili powder. Mix the strips very good. (you can add more or less of the chili pwdr. Make sure all the meat is coated with the dry. Place the strips in your dehydrator or your biltong box to dry. Your looking at around 48 hours depending on the thickness of the strips.

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 70
Got the strips cut into halves.

IMG_1410.jpg

Now toss in the vinegar/worcy mix. Let stand for 5 mins so all the strips get coated.

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

No mix in the dry.

Next put in your dehydrator or biltong box.
I use my dehydrator on the lowest setting.

I got 6 trays going now.
IMG_1413.jpg

WHEW

Open up my blood vessels.

IMG_1415.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky