Big Green Egg Question...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jarhead1979

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 10, 2015
Farmersville, TX
Toying with the idea of potentially having an outdoor kitchen built with a BGE as the centerpiece for smoking/grilling equipment. I am currently a WSM guy, and LOVE it! I'm curious to know how well the BGE holds up in windy condtions. If some of you with experience could clue me in, I'd sure appreciate it.

It won't be a problem at all. In fact it'll probably do better that most others.

My daughter lives just down the road from you in Rowlett. I got an XL BGE for her a few years ago and it works great even during your winters and the never ending wind.

The only issue I have is the fact that I find them boring. It's truly a "set it and forget it" cooker. Especially if you get a Digi Q type of temp controller. 

I prefer to play with the traditional wood smokers.

I do too, John. I would love to have this kitchen built around a big ole stick burning rig, but I doubt the wife would allow it. I love my WSM, but I don't think it would pass the aesthetic test, either. Thanks for the reply.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky