Big Birthday Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Pit pixie

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 30, 2022
Southampton England 🇬🇧
Morning guys,

As promised in the injection thread here is my cook out today.....I say cook out I got about 20 people coming.
I turned 39 yesterday and wanted to do beef and pork slow cook for 8 hours and then burger and sausages and chicken wings over the hot coal on a hot and fast at the end.
My partner sorted the beef. It is no where near the size I wanted but it's prime rib so I am not complaining.
1689917983237940330318303042574.jpg

I have done nothing with it yet.
I have flavoured my belly pork with
https://www.thespruceeats.com/texas-style-brisket-rub-335887
This works really well with all meat.
20230721_061701.jpg

Coals are now warming for my fire base...I am so excited 😊

Ok so I have now played with the injection everyone was so helpful with this yesterday.
20230721_074358.jpg

I am going to leave for for a bit before putting it on.
As you can see it's not the greatest of cuts, I think the butcher got a little knife happy when cutting but it's OK.

Reactions: JC in GB
Looking really good! Hope you have a wonderful birthday and gathering!

Ryan

Beautiful day! Forget your across the pond. If I caught a plane right now, I'd be there in time for a late evening snack. Save me a plate of them good looking eats!

Jim

Reactions: Pit pixie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky