Best Smoker to Start

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm a noob. having said that, has anyone considered that smokers are for sale on craigslist because they sucked, and the owners wanna sell their problems to someone else?

Travelbilly, it is a possibility but I smoked great food for over a decade on a very cheap smoker.  I would lean more towards the fact that smoking is hard work and while the idea sounded great at the time, someone was just too lazy to put in the work. 

That was going to be my recommendation.  I would suggest to go bigger, you'll be happy with it in the future.  I smoke on a WSM 22.5 and love it.  

I'm a noob. having said that, has anyone considered that smokers are for sale on craigslist because they sucked, and the owners wanna sell their problems to someone else?
That is a strong possibility but I usually find with my craigslist purchases that people tend to buy things with the intentions of using them but then never do so they end up selling them. 

I think you are making a good choice with the WSM. Great first grill. You will learn a lot on that one. Chances are you will get bitten by the BBQ bug and end up with a collection of smokers like a lot of us on here lol. If that's the case you will still get use out of you WSM. It's a great portable smoker for tailgating, camping, etc as well as home use.

From a Bronco fan to Raider fan:  I have a WSM 18.5 and couldn't be happier. You don't need to spend double or triple the price to get a good smoker. Just make sure you season it first (dry run with charcoal and wood but no food). This will create an insulation inside the WSM so it cooks more evenly. When you start smoking BE PATIENT!. Variations in temperature are normal and due to many things like wind. Once you've smoked a few times you'll see what I mean. The more you use the WSM the better it gets a regulating the temp, and the better you'll get at smoking. Good luck and go Broncos!

Lol, it's me from Ct, original poster is in KY. There was a guy who replied named raided fan tho.... Sounds to me like you had a fun weekend davesquest :yahoo:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky