Best pellet smoker under budhet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

naikab

Original poster
Aug 20, 2021
Hi everyone! Can you tell me please which one is a budget pellet smoker? My budget is no more than 500$.

getting to be "end of season" time. Look for your big box stores to start running stuff on sell to get rid of inventory.

Jim

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Does it have to be pellet smoker? WSM 18.5 maybe?

Edit: Wait a minute, pardon me for no extending a big welcome. Really glad you joined us.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, hard to beat a Austin LX by Pit Boss , been selling in the $450 range recently

If you are not in a hurry, there should be some good sales next week with the holiday coming up.
I'm more than happy with my bare-bones Camp Chef. I bought at Dick's for under $300 on sale.

Fuel costs have blunted my thirst for a gravity fed unit,I can get 20 hrs or so out of a bag of good pellets that cost me less than $9 for lumberjack, usage goes up in cold weather so not always 1lb per hour. How much charcoal will the Masterbuilt burn in 20 hours? I know the good gravity units with insulation do a lot better but cost a lot more. I bought a 18" Weber clone to quench my charcoal thirst. glad I have multiple cookers and would have at least 1 of every 1 made if possible lol

Reactions: JLeonard
Pitboss makes one under $500 I believe. If you dont care about warranty look up used ones on FB marketplace. May be able grab a better cooker and reasonable price

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky