Best Ever Country Style Bone-In Ribs (Mojo Criollo) Smoked & Grilled

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Best Ever Country Style Bone-In Ribs

(Mojo Criollo) Smoked & Grilled

These were easily the Best CSRs I ever had:
First of all, I finally found some “Bone-in” CSRs, and they had some Nice Fat in them——All for only $1.29 per pound!!
So I took them all out of the 3 packs, and split them into two batches.
I bagged and froze a Batch, and kept 10 Ribs to smoke & Grill for this Episode.

I used some “Mi Costenita” Mojo Criollo for my Marinade.

Day #1 (Prepping):
Put 10 CSRs in a big ZipLock.
Add 1 1/2 Cups of Mojo Criollo (See Pics below).
Put them in the fridge, and flipped every now & then (Total 4 times).

Day #2 (Smoking & Grilling Day):
Remove from Bag & Spread out on Smoking Rack. (No Rinse)
Squirt & Spread Yellow Mustard all over top side of Ribs.
Cover all Ribs with Rub (Only one side due to Mrs Bear’s taste buds).

11:15——Preheat MES 40 to 220°. Also fill one Row of AMNPS with Hickory Pellets, and light.
12:00——Put Rack of CSRs in Position #2 of MES 40, and place Smoking AMNPS on right side of Bottom Rack.
02:30——Put all Ribs in Foil Pan, pour 8 ounces of Apple Juice over Ribs, cover with Doubled Foil, and put back in Smoker.
04:10——Fire up Weber “Q”, and clean when good & hot.
04:30——Pull Ribs from Smoker, and spread them out on Grill.
4:30 to 4:50——Coat both sides of Ribs two times with BBQ Sauce, while flipping on Grill, and continue to flip until they have a nice Sear.
4:50——Remove from Grill.

Take more Pics, add sides, More Pics——EAT (I can’t believe how tasty these ended up!!!)

BTW: Mrs Bear said these were Great, but a Little Spicy. Can’t be too bad, she’s actually going to eat some Leftovers tonight. I usually get to eat ALL Leftovers!

Thanks for looking,
Bear

I had to get 3 packs, because the price was Great, and they looked just like what I’ve been looking for.
I opened all 3 packs, split the whole batch in two, kept 10 of them to smoke, and Bagged & Froze the other half for another time:
IMG_0434.jpg

Here you can see the Price ($1.29)—I still can’t believe that price!!
IMG_0435.jpg

So I put those 10 in a Big Ziplock to Marinate them in Mojo Criollo:
IMG_0437.jpg

Here’s a look at that “Mojo Criollo” I used. I put a cup & a half in with the 10 CSRs.
Then put them in the fridge over night, flipping them over every now & then (Total 4 times).
IMG_0438.jpg

One half hour before Smoking, I put them on a Rack, squirted Yellow Mustard on them, and spread it around (One side only).
IMG_0443.jpg

Then I coated that one side with Rub. (Only one side because of Mrs Bear’s Taste Buds)
IMG_0444.jpg

Here they are through the looking glass, getting all warm & happy:
IMG_0448.jpg

Here’s a better look of them on Rack position #2 in my MES 40:
IMG_0446.jpg

Here we moved to the Weber “Q”, and started Squirting & spreading some of Mrs Bear’s BBQ Sauce on the first side:
IMG_0449.jpg

Then flipped them all over & gave them all another coat of BBQ Sauce:
IMG_0450.jpg

After putting two coats on each side, and flipping them all a few more times to get a good flavored Sear on them, it was time to remove them from the Grill:
IMG_0452.jpg

I had to be real careful—This plate was Stacked 3 high & FULL !!!
IMG_0453.jpg

Bear’s First Helping—Best Ever!!!
IMG_0454.jpg

Oh Boy—Look at All those Leftovers—I can’t wait:
IMG_0456.jpg

A Visitor stopped in for a Drink from the Bird Feeder, but he didn’t stay for any of those leftovers.
I think he's been keeping a close Eye on ME !!!
IMG_0439.jpg

A little Blueberry Zucchini Cake for Dessert:
IMG_0457.jpg

Can’t forget the next morning’s Breakfast:
IMG_0459.jpg

Last edited:
Wow !!   Those really look good. I like doing them that way. Those had to be great. I'll have to try your marinade (If I can find it)

OBTW  you need to move around more and that Buzzard won't keep eyeballing you   
biggrin.gif

points1.png

Gary

Wow !!   Those really look good. I like doing them that way. Those had to be great. I'll have to try your marinade (If I can find it)

OBTW  you need to move around more and that Buzzard won't keep eyeballing you   
biggrin.gif

points1.png

Gary
Thank You Gary!!

Everybody seems to be ignoring this one.

They must think it's the same one I posted a couple days ago.

This one is much better----I'll be adding this one to my Step by Step Index.

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

They look fantastic Bear.
I just found 2 csr's in the freezer.

Maybe this weekend. Don't think I will go mojo on them.

Those look GREAT, John.  CSRs are one of my favorite ribs.  I've never seen that mojo sauce in any of the stores around here, but guess I'll have to keep looking.

As for the buzzard, I sure don't wish you any ill, but I'm VERY glad he's hanging around your place and not mine!!!!!  
goodluck.gif

points.gif

Gary

Bear, Those ribs look awesome. I've never done any that way before, but it looks like a really good method. CSR's are some of our favorites. Keep 'em coming. Joe. :points:

They look fantastic Bear.
I just found 2 csr's in the freezer.

Maybe this weekend. Don't think I will go mojo on them.
Thank You Adam!!

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

Those look GREAT, John.  CSRs are one of my favorite ribs.  I've never seen that mojo sauce in any of the stores around here, but guess I'll have to keep looking.

As for the buzzard, I sure don't wish you any ill, but I'm VERY glad he's hanging around your place and not mine!!!!!  
goodluck.gif

points.gif

Gary
Thanks Gary!!

I'm kinda getting tired of that Bird following me around!! 
icon_rolleyes.gif

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear

Wow those look incredible, before I smoked I used to make those in the crock pot. I will definitely be trying them this way!

I think with a little more practice, You will get them Right !!!   
biggrin.gif
   LOL

Still rainy here in East Texas we sure needed it. Be gone a couple of days

Going to Arkansas for a visit,   Wish I had some of your CSR's to take with me,

Gary

Looks good. You certainly have a variety of flavors layered on those CSRs...JJ

Looks good, thanks for spreading the word about mojo sauce. I use the Badia brand. Sour citrus, salt and herbs especially garlic. Perfect for pork and chicken.

Oh if I could snap my fingers and charter a bus to take us to Miami FL for grocery shopping. We could stop for lunch at Pollo Tropical.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky