Best/easy way to mix rubs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leejay99

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Near Dover, DE
Hey everyone, I am looking for a better way to mix larger quantities of rub. I have some larger containers, some 16+ cup, that I use but is there something you folks are using that works better? I guess I am looking for a way to make sure it mixes thoroughly and I don't have to sit there and shake the heck out of it for what seems like hours. That doesn't seem to work too well, anyways. Maybe a food processor? I just don't want to grind it up further. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

i wonder how a cake mixer would work.
71+LuBg0iPL._SR500,500_.jpg

Paddle SLOW...Unless your Wife is Cool with the smell and Red Color of Rub Spice Dust in the Curtains, on top of the Cabinets and Refer, and in every unreachable Nook and Cranny!...JJ

Reactions: DanMcG
If you use a drill/paddle attachment you may want to mix in 5 gallon bucket with lid. Small hole in lid for paddle. Lid should keep mess/dust in the container. Other option might be a non-perfumed trash bag. Lots of room to move and mix in bag. Or toss in the dryer for a few spins, jk

Other option might be a non-perfumed trash bag. Lots of room to move and mix in bag. Or toss in the dryer for a few spins, jk

Might seem obvious but...NO HEAT! You would be wearing cloths that would cause Dogs to follow you around. I have heard of some Epic Fails with trash bags. You are not wanting Dollar Store Bags for this project. " Don't be Sad, get GLAD! "
2 Gallon Ziplock Freezer Bags may be a good choice as well. They are sturdy...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky