best beer for BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just finished up some Sam Adams white ale that was pretty good. Its their spring ale so it was getting a little old and would probably be even better if you got it when it was a little fresher. I think what I had was brewed in March. Its and unfiltered wheat that has a lot of spices in it. This is a different wheat than I've had, most of what I have had are sweet or fruity wheats but this one has a blend of like 10 different spices and is really good. I will get some more next spring when they brew it again.

It's definitely an east coast thing. I think none west of the Mississippi.

Maybe. Friend of mine in the navy got stationed in San Diego. He's asking for yuengling for Christmas.

Richtee, we have the same tastes brother!
I'm all in for Hacker Pschorr Munich Gold; picker up some Paulaner Munich Lager to go with this brisket. American, I'd have to say all Michelob is good. I also like New Belgium's Fat Tire, as well as some Kiltlifter and other similar darks.

if your in the mood for it, King Cobra makes a fine malt liquor :)

They only have 2 breweries, PA, and FLA .but I have heard rumors of closed door deals for CA, or CO.

But as a child of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth, I do say that the PA version is better, but it probably comes down to the difference in the water supplies. I have just tapped a 1/4b. of some freshy freshy Yuengling. sorry had to brag a bit.

But isn't Fat Tire the Yuengling of the west?
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Guiness is always good, but if you want a little wood with your beer I really like Stone Brewing Company's Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale.

FREE BEER IS THE BEST!

but If I'm buying...Pabst Blue Ribbon, Miller Lite, Original Coors, Sam Adams Light, MGD, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Sol, Corona with Salt & Lime, Pacifico, Red Stripe, Anchor Steam Beer, I could go on but you get the idea
biggrin.gif

well if the martini mixer is to tired to operate..

cerveza Atlas, with cerviche

cerveza Balboa with ice still clinging to the bottle, with fried grouper

cerveza Panama, watching the tide come in or out(who cares) but low tide does have a special aroma sometimes.

Bush

Miller

PBR

all must be chilled in ice and water..not cold air chilled..

Today I enjoyed a few Warsteiners while tending to the ribs and fatty. Fat Tire is also tasty, love High Life, and am excited to here Schlitz is going to be re released under it's original recipe.. you can bet as soon as I find it I'll have a few of those while BBQ'ing

Stone's AB is ok, I haven't had the Oaked version. I really like their Imperial Stout and this year's Anniversary Ale sounds tempting.

Thing is, I usually have to pick it up when I'm in TN or KY, GA doesn't have a distributor... yet. There's a rumor that we'll be able to buy Stone brews in this state before the end of the year.

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
:i con_smile:
icon_smile.gif

Ok boys, after almost 10000 views and 300 posts, its time to settle this!

We need to vote on this! I don't know how to set that up, but someone will figure it out.

Lets vote and get it over with---NATTY LIGHT!!!!!!

anything from a bottle - but generally either stella artois or bud or coors light.
Had a friend bring some italian swill the other bbq - absolutely gopping.

For some reason I can't drink beer from cans or kegs - just makes me ill. Bottles I can swig all day - weird huh ?

cheap beer....that's all you need for grilling, unless your drinking it..... but when I say cheap....nothing below bud lite.....but no miller crude.....too much of there "petunia hop" taste........

other then that, dont use it, just grill and drink decent beer while doing it....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky