Beef ribs on the Weber Summit Kamado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oldguy68

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
Cape Cod, MA
Hello kettleheads,
I did some beef ribs this past Sunday on the Weber Summit.
Used pepper, Lawry's seasoned salt and a few crushed beef bouillon cubes as a rub.
I did not remove the silver skin. I just scored them in a checker pattern with a knife.
Smoked with some post oak chunks and used Frontier brand lump charcoal.
Temps with the Slow 'N Sear in were higher than I would have liked at 275-300 degrees.
That was with lower damper all the way closed. It was a little breazy and wet out.
Upper damper was open about 1/4 inch.
About six or seven hours in I wrapped them at 185 degrees and took them out at around 205 degrees.
Came out great, but a little salty. Lighter on the Lawry's next time.
Happy smoking everyone! Pete
IMG_3894.jpg
IMG_3898.jpg
IMG_3899.jpg

Last edited:
Nice color and hillbilly teeth on those ribs. I bet they were good. I haven't removed the silver skin in years. I think they stay a little moister that way. Nice job OldGuy

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Oldguy68
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky