Beef bone in Short Rib attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RichGTS

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 22, 2020
Camdenton Mo
It’s been a while since I posted on here - life has been getting in the way of getting time to play with the smoker.
I picked up these bone in short ribs and thought it would be nice to try these on the smoker. Plan to season them up with a simple SPOG rub and let them roll unless anyone can tell me otherwise.
image.jpg

Good deal on some nice looking ribs. Look like brisket on a stick! let us know how they come out.

Reactions: RichGTS
been a while since my last beef rib cook, but all mine were still one piece (not separated). Pretty sure they took about 8 hours or so. separated would have to be less than whole.

Reactions: Facundo
That would have helped. Some were really tender and others not so much. I look forward to doing these again

Some got real tender then others seem to have a bit less fat and were tougher. As usual I’m my own worst critic.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky