BBQ/Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slevin

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
I am wondering if you guys know of a good BBQ/Smoker combo unit. I would be looking for something that could go as low as 120-130 for doing sausage but could also sear/grill a good steak. I know most pellet grills have a sear box but it doesn't look like they can get down to 130.

Im posting here because propane would be my highest ranked on fuel source. Thanks for the help.

IMG_1877.PNG
This?

I was kind of picturing more of a one peice design.

With the single row snake method you may be able to get a 22" weber kettle to go that low(26" would be better), and I know they can sear a steak. You would probably have to keep a close eye on it so coals don't go out.

Chris

Buy an AMNPS and put it in you're propane grill.

In the warmer months you should be able to get the 120-130 temps without turning the grill on. Then if you want to grill a steak just take it out and turn the propane on.

I cold smoked some cheese a couple weeks ago with it. Temps outside were mid 50's and I put it in my MES40. Never turned the smoker on and was hitting 90 towards the end of the smoke just with the heat off of the AMNPS.

Thanks for the replies. I live in Alberta Canada so I dont know if that would work. I've never used an amnps before I guess I should check it out.

I also thought maybe I could put a needle valve regulator off the propane tank to get it to go lower than what the controls on the barbecue could go. But I haven't looked in to see how safe that is yet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky