Bad food

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigbaldbbq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 4, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
For those in central Ohio or who might visit. My wife and I went to the City BBQ restaurant in Gahanna, and the food was just plain nasty. The ribs were burnt to a crisp and the sides were bland at best. I sent an email to the company and got an apology and an offer of free food! Why would I want to eat there again?

And to top it off. The cook ass and underwear were hanging out of the back of his pants. The belt was below is ass, I'm sure you have seen kids wearing their pants like that. The last thing I want to see as I am eating is the cooks underwear and ass!!

So if you have had bad food at a BBQ joint in your location. Let's hear about it.

We have a adams ribs in town and if you like boiled ribs etc. wonderful place.I am glad they dont serve brisket.18 dollars for 2 pound baby back side of potato and slaw-place is packed and swimming in cash.I guess it is convenience etc.-but mcdonalds does well here-dont eat at any of these places.

We have a place here called BUBBA'S BAD to the bone BBQ.
When you drive buy the only thing you read is bubba bad bbq. Yes, it is bad. I went once and was impressed with the tri tip sandwich. I may have made it there right after it came out of the big smoker. I went again after work to show off to my wife that there is good bbq. We shared a rack of baby backs which are "award" winning by someone and known all over town. Well, the award it must have won was, "dry to the bone, hard skin, baked under sun lamp until its tossed in sauce for the customer bbq". I know why its known, its NASTY. Low and behold this forum made my ribs less pleasurable anywhere else. On a bad day i cook better ribs than they do on their best.

they have a large wood burner and only use oak.
kris

LOL no kidding man I won't want any stray butt hairs flying out and landing on my food!
Did they offer a refund at all?

I am to the point now if we eat out and the food is bad, not that it's just something I don't like, but if it's actually badly cooked or something, I won't leave until they make it right, or they agree we don't have to pay.

A couple weeks ago we turned a local hamburger place in to the health department. We got some burgers to go, got home, half way through my wife looks at the edge of the meat and it was freaken raw! Can you say ecoli! Sheesh, red hamburger is NOT cool. So I called them up, told them if my wife gets sick they are getting sued big time. They gave me our money back. I hope the health department is all over them now. They had a little young punk cook also. I shoulda grilled his face a few rounds to show him how a cheek looks well done lol

We have a chain BBQ place in town. Bar-b-cutie out of Nashville.
This place is consistantly terrible. I gave them a few good chances then gave up.
They supposedly have a pellet smoker in the back...but I think someone may have forgotten to inform them that they need to add more pellets occasionally.
It is the most bland tasting "BBQ" I've ever tasted.
Horrible..I don't expect them to last

No refund offer at all. Just the offer of free food. Why would I want to eat there again?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky