Auber WS-1200CPH pid for mes 30, any experiences?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

njfoses

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
South Jersey
Im thinking about purchasing a plug and play pid for my mes 30 to tighten up temp swings.  Specifically this model from auber http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=72    I have the mav 732 i can use for meat temp so i dont need the dual probe model.  Im not interested in wiring up one myself which is why im looking at a plug and play model.  I have been reading and researching but still unsure on a few things.  I think i have the basics down, if you see anything incorrect please let me know.  Once the unit is connected i would turn on the mes, set the time to 24 hours and set the temp to max which is 275.  I would then set the temp on the auber to my desired temp lets say 235 deg, load the smoker with some meat and amnps and run the auto tune on the auber.  Now i have a few questions.  Do i have to re-run the autotune every time i want a new set temperature or does the autotune hold for all desired temps?  Do i have to re-run the autotune based on weather conditions, for example if one day the ambient temp is 70 deg and another day the temp is 40 deg would i need to run autotune again?  If anybody has any experience with this model or any other input i would greatly appreciate it!

So today i setup the pid and i have an issue.  When the pid output light goes out it completely shuts off my smoker and it does not power back on unless i manually turn it back on.  I have emailed auber to see what they say but i have a feeling the way the mes is wired makes it incompatible with the pid. 
icon_sad.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky