Assembled the new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alan Maples

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 27, 2022
First smoke sometime next month
IMG_20240215_113150220.jpg

I haven't decided yet. Probably either smoke a couple of chickens or a Boston Butt
That’s what I would do. Good plan. I would lean towards the pork just because if the smoke is a little heavy the chicken doesn’t take it well, where the pork will mask it some. Let’s just hope for thin blue smoke.

Take some time before the first cook and build a fire in it , and see how it runs .
Looks nice .

Reactions: crazymoon
I'm tagging along too! I wouldn't be able to wait a month!

Ryan

Just remember it takes a good 5-10 cooks to get things sealing up good to where temputure control becomes more consistent ...
I may be new here, but I'm not new to smoking meat. The disadvantage it has compared to a Weber Smokey Mountain is thinner steel. An advantage is the handles on the body of the smoker. I like that I can lift the body of the smoker off of the fire should I need to. So, have I already thought about buying a Weber Smokey Mountain 18 and putting the handles from the Cuisinart on it? Of course

Reactions: Colin1230
Plan to dig the old Brinkman out from under the covers and do some chicken for supper today. Hasn't seen the light for day since November.

Plan to dig the old Brinkman out from under the covers and do some chicken for supper today. Hasn't seen the light for day since November.
I taught myself to smoke meat on a Brinkman. You have the right idea. I'm planning to smoke something soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky