Artisan No-knead Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Followed woodcutters post on this

Single loaf

3 cups unbleached AP flour

1 3/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp rapid rise yeast

1 1/2 cup water

Add all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Then add the water and mix until it all comes together. Cover with a towel and leave on the counter for 11-24 hours.

After it has raised, Preheat the oven to 450 with Dutch oven or ovens inside. Put the ball of dough on some loose flour and keep tucking the edges under. Then place on some parchment paper and lift into the DO. Bake at 450 for 30 minutes with the cover on and then 15 with the cover removed. Done.

This recipe is so forgiving, I screwed up when measuring my flour, packed it in giving me almost 4 cups in my mixing bowl.

Started the dough at 10:30A.M. yesterday

[

I let it sit til 5:30 A.M. almost 19 hrs.

Dough was dry on the top I spritzed it with some water waited an hr to get it looking like above

Baked it and hoped for the best.

Thanks Todd have a slice

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Reactions: pc farmer
All that is left to do is slather butter on both sides of a slice and fry in your cast iron skillet. Your loaf looks like bread baking magazine cover photo!

Thanks for the kind words, I am glad that I was able to catch that mistake, it will make a better baker out of me. The part that was left I made Bread Pudding

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Thanks again

Last edited:
Looks like you've been baking all your life! For some reason I struggle with no knead bread. I've had mixed results anyway. But when it works, it's absolutely Heavenly!

congratulation_graphics_2.gif

It looks GREAT!

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky