Anyone used Jeff'S Texas Style Rub on a brisket?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jeff's tx rub is solid, but I also increase the salt juuuust a bit. I use it straight up for say burgers or quick cook beef, but the longer roasts need a bit more salt Imho

Jeff's tx rub is solid, but I also increase the salt juuuust a bit. I use it straight up for say burgers or quick cook beef, but the longer roasts need a bit more salt Imho

I actually smoked my first brisket last weekend and based on the rub I was originally going to do, I increased the salt on his texas style by 1 unit. Flavor was great!

I'm a superfan of black pepper personally, so I may or may not add a good deal of fresh ground (I have GOT to get an electric grinder!) Pepper on bigger roasts like that.

The last 3 briskets I bought ended up getting converted to pastrami. Possibly because I could smash it with peppercorn melange. Who's to say.

I just found a shaker of his Tx style rub at a discount place in knoxville today. I bought a 17.61 brisket from krogers and plan on start smoking it next Saturday and it about 4 Sunday will report back with pictures pu a fresh bag of LJ hickory plan on 10-12 hrs on smoke then take it up to and time it to be done 1 hr before

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky