Anyone tried one of these?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cool, I ordered one also, just couldn't pass it up for the price, will be a backup for the Maverick.

Geez Charlie, how many therms do you have?

Al
LOTS! Most never get used regularly by me, but I buy quite a few of the cheaper models now and then to see if I can find any that are worth the money for the new folks to get.

I've also had to ship a few to NM to my oldest kiddo, he hasn't learned yet that beer and electric thermometers don't play well together.

I'll look when I get home and see if I can find the MELTED Maverick picture that was his last casualty

That's nice that it has a timer built into it as well. Good for a meat probe as It only goes to 190' C (374 F) so it cant measure higher pit temps.

That's nice that it has a timer built into it as well. Good for a meat probe as It only goes to 190' C (374 F) so it cant measure higher pit temps.
Still could be useful as CC thermometer as many things are smoked in the 225-275F range. Looking forward to the reviews! Never hurts to have a couple spares that you know are accurate just in case something happens.

I had 2, still have one as a backup to my TP08. The probes are fragile and don't get them wet. I shrink wrapped the connection from probe to wire to prevent water damage during cleaning. That's where 1 probe went. Also the display unit is not bump friendly, screen went wonkers after a bump by a pot. So down to one cobbled unit that works well if you treat it with kid gloves. Thermopro is a better option in the long run since they have a lifetime replacement on probes.

Just my $0.02.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky