Any "vapers" in here at SMF?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great post Eric. I am e-go all the way as well. I was lucky to have a coworker educate me prior to my first purchase of vape stuff, so i did not waste alot of time or money figuring it all out. I tried hypnotism, laser, nothing else worked. I want to try that T3 tank as well, i use ce-4s now, they are ok as you say but i do fill them alot. I also want to try a variable voltage battery.
Oh, you can definitely drop a lot of cash on some types of ecigs, especially the 2-piece with disposable non-refillable cartomizers...went down that road for the first round, and @ $3.00/ea for the cartridges, yeah, I wasn't saving much money, and the performance was a far cry below their advertised duration. Batteries were a killer, too, @ $40,00 for a battery that would only last a couple hours.

I was looking at the eGo-VV battery, but I'm not sure I really need it at this point. With how well the CE4 and T3 clearomizers perform, it's just a matter of finding that sweet spot you like when you draw on it....slow and smooth...just determine the timing on the length of draw for the amount of vapor you like. Before you know it, you're doing it out of habit and getting just what you want.

Oh, and the T3 is brand new for me...just picked them up at 11:30 this morning, filled one up before I left their store and haven't had an issue with it all day. Only used 1/4 to 1/3 of the liquid capacity so far, and that was 6-1/2 hours ago...I'm thinking right now that one fill-up will go all day, plus. I got the style that has a non-removable hard cover over the actual tank, so it should be a lot tougher for me to beat it up, and that was a big plus. It has a 1/8" wide sight line on both sides of the cover so you can look at liquid level...not as easy to gauge liquid as the CE4 in low light, but I don't see it as a problem. Filling the T3 is a bit more involved, as you have to remove the T3 from the battery, then unscrew the coil assembly and keep it inverted the whole time. Otherwise, filling is the same, just drip between the coil tube/riser and the wall of the tank.

I have some 10 ml bottles from the Vapor King ejuice which have a fine tip for precision dripping or injection filling (as is the case with VK eTank), so these work great to carry in my eGo case if I fill on the go. They also work nicely to blend flavors of juice for a little more variety, or to make a so-so flavor taste better. If you can't get your hands on a similar bottle, you can grab a 1 ml fine-tipped syringe (available online and in some retail outlets) to fill these clearomizers a lot more easily and have no spillage at all.

Let me know if you have any issues you need to resolve. The CE4 can tend to flood itself if you draw a bit too fast, or if the battery is getting weak (before the shut-down flash indication shows up). If that happens, they don't produce vapor very well, and you'll hear a slight gurggling...just remove the CE4 from the battery and wipe out the connection with a rolled-up corner of a paper towel, then wipe the battery threads and try it again. Sometimes, removing the battery form the CE4 at night to allow any liquid to drain from the internals is necessary, but I've only had to do that a couple times in 2 or so months. The T3 may not have this issue...time will tell. But again, if you need to work out a small problem, I've learned a few tricks already with these...problems have been few and far between, though...if only the CE4 coils would last longer...enter the T3.

Eric

Last edited:
Eric, thanks for clarifying that whole "gurgling" thing in the ce-4. I was wondering what the hell that was. I just opened a new one today. I've been using one for over a month and the vape was tasting a little burnt. I may order a T3 this weekend, but alot of the sites are out of stock right now. I'm thinking alot of vapers are catching on to that tank. Truth be told, i have started experimenting with mixing various juices already. I buy a 30ml of e-cig light juice, which by itself resembles a marlboro light. Then i tweak it with some other flavors i bought in 10 ml bottles. Coffee, bavarian coffee cream, cherry vanilla, etc. I've hit on a few, a few not so much. The smell of real tobacco is actually starting to bug me now. My truck, my clothes, and me smell alot better now. I also seem to be tasting things better as well. Now i better watch my caloric intake. :-)

Papacurtis , I feel your grief. I was a 50yr. smoker and was told I was gonna DIE , so I quit
icon_exclaim.gif

The Wife was also a Smoker and my Pulmonologist showed her the light . Plus , it was not good for me...

She has just finished a two month ( life in Hades for me) Span to quit and was successful. I'm not saying it was a smooth ride and that she wasn't a Bear to be around , but she quit. Now we both can live longer together
biggrin.gif

Gonna be hard, being around others that smoke makes it seem unfair, but be vigilant. Inform all those you are around at work , home, visiting and such that you may be short tempered, but just be patient and a better person will emerge from the turmoil.

Being around someone comming off is like dealing with the Devil , but with perserverence and understanding , you'll win the war. Yes, 20 trs. down the line, you may have an urge , but that's just the Devil trying you. Nicotine is much harder to kick than even Heroin. So, get ready. DO IT.

Hope you get away from the Devil Sticks , and as always , have fun and . .

Reactions: papacurtis
PapaCurtis, hope you don't mind me injecting a little more wisdom here...if I'm out of line, just reach out and slap me a good one...LOL!!!
Those seem to hit hard cause you have to take such a strong drag for the element to kick on.
That's very true if you have "automatic batteries". I've had them with two different brands of the "mini" type ecigs, and they are the worst thing you could buy. I switched to m"manual batteries" with the second brand I used of the "mini" ecigs (Vapor King eTank) and that changed everything for me...much better experience, less problems with atomizer malfunctions, burnt taste if the cartridge was nearing an empty state...it made a huge difference in my outlook. I had 2 automatic batteries with my starter kit, purchase 3 manual batteries over a period of about 3 months, and rarely used the automatics once I found out how badly they could screw things up for me.

That said, I strongly recommend that if anyone is planning on starting ecigs that they only buy one with manual batteries, even with the starter kit. You have full control of the whole experience when you have manual batteries, and can avoid numerous problems vs automatic batteries.
Thought about trying it but have not so far. I think I'll give the patch another shot in the near future. I'd like to quit without picking up another habit.
Trust me, even if you think of it as another bad habit, it's nowhere near as bad as the cancer sticks, and with careful consideration before you buy a starter kit, you can save tons of money, not to mention save what's left of your health. You can roll with ecigs like I have done and stay off cigarrettes
quit again in Nov after smoking another 10 years after quitting for 10....go figure. Just thinking about a cigar right now.....better not. I've heard & read some info on line about those and it seems they can be just as bad for you as real ciggies. Now, I dunno which one you're using, it might be fine. My GF works in a hospital & is a smoker...she looked into it and decided to stay with real cigs. Just sayin'.....I quit cold turkey after Chantix didn't help...nightmares & cold sweats I can live without
I'll post some info to contradict, or at least, offset the "bad" effects of vaping in a bit, I was just sorting some articles a few minutes ago, and will post the links when I'm finished, so look for that in a couple more post below.
I am a smoker....and have seen the "electric" ones.  I know I need to quit....but still puffin'

Kat
Girl-friend, if I could convince you to take the plunge, and help you find the best type of ecig for your purposes, would you consider it? Vaping has been my only viable outlet for over 1-1/2 years, and I'd still be smoking if I weren't vaping. I hope that anyone wanting to quit will at least seriously consider ecigs as an alternative, or a stop-smoking aid, either way. There may be a retail outlet near you that sells what will work for you, and that's the route I went after ordering online for over a year, so there may be that option for you.

PM me if you need some help, but I'll post more info to follow, so yourself and others can be a little more informed on the subject of ecigs.

Eric

Eric, thanks for clarifying that whole "gurgling" thing in the ce-4. I was wondering what the hell that was. I just opened a new one today. I've been using one for over a month and the vape was tasting a little burnt. I may order a T3 this weekend, but alot of the sites are out of stock right now. I'm thinking alot of vapers are catching on to that tank. Truth be told, i have started experimenting with mixing various juices already. I buy a 30ml of e-cig light juice, which by itself resembles a marlboro light. Then i tweak it with some other flavors i bought in 10 ml bottles. Coffee, bavarian coffee cream, cherry vanilla, etc. I've hit on a few, a few not so much. The smell of real tobacco is actually starting to bug me now. My truck, my clothes, and me smell alot better now. I also seem to be tasting things better as well. Now i better watch my caloric intake. :-)
Have you checked Apollo for a T3?

http://www.apolloecigs.com/Bottom-Coil-T3-Clearomizer-p/abottomcoil.htm

Oh, yeah, you will notice a healthy change in appetite, things taste better, smell better, you can breath again...nothing bad can come of it compared to tobacco.

I mix flavors as well, and tried a triple-blend last night that's pretty tasty and smooth. "Red "(marlboro), "Smooth Tobacco" and "Cherry On Top"...strangely delicious to my taste-buds, but a nice blend with flavors that come out at different points of inhale/exhale...kind of in layers. Not every brand has flavors everyone will like, but when you play the field you can mix some pretty cool flavor combinations.

OK, onto the CE4 and T3 again...I forgot to mention that if you don't screw-in the mouth piece to the proper torque on the CE4, it can squeeze the silicone gasket on top of the coil-tube too much and may damage it or the o-ring on the mouth-piece may displace off the mouth-piece and crawl down onto the coil-tube. If that happens you can't fill it...just get a small blunt-tipped object like a paper-clip and fish it out and put back on the where it was...easy fix if you mess it up. If the mouth-piece is too tight, it may start leaking, slowly into the coil-tube and you may draw a bit of liquid to your lips, so that's you indication...clean it out with a rolled paper-towel, tissue, etc. This is another reason for the gurgling, so if you check your tightness as you re-assemble by just turning until you feel resistance, then try hitting on it a few times to see if it clears-up, or if vapor appears in the tank just above the liquid. If vapor appears, the internals may be damaged, or the mouth-piece is too loose.

So far, the T3 has performed to my expectations. I had one instance today where I felt and heard a bit of gurgling and haven't determined the cause yet, but it seemed to clear up after I slowed down a bit on my draw...I think I was drawing a bit too hard trying to get a hit quicker, so I think I need to just be a little more patient with it. Also, it may have been because my flavor blend (the trio) was so smooth that I didn't think I was getting much vapor, but it produces a BIG vapor cloud, so I think it was just me. I'll get accustomed to it in another day or two.

Try Apollo, for the T3, and also look at whatever else you may be hankerin' to grab from them...I haven't checked other sites for eGo products, so Apollo may have more than your current vender.

Back in a bit with some info on PG (propylene glycol) and VG (vegetable glycerine), both are food-grade of course, and are used in e-juice/liquid for the suspension of nicotine in liquid form prior to vaporizing by the coil/atomizer.

BTW, the juice I use has both PG and VG at a ratio of 60/40...it seems to cause far less dry throat for me than straight PG did. Speaking of dry throat, yes you can and will get it from vaping, especially with straight PG for the carrier liquid.

Eric

As promised:

INFORMATION ON FOOD-GRADE PROPYLENE GLYCOL (PG) AND VEGETABLE GLYCERIN (VG)...

...so you can make a more informed decision about electronic cigarettes...

None of this is directly related to ecigs, but is commonly known from a daily household/cooking-use stand-point...take it for what it's worth to you. If you need clarification/translation of info given, I may or may not be able to help, but it can be brought up for discussion and opinions, at the very least. The following results were from a search results were based on asking "what bacteria are killed with (PG, then VG). I posted what I felt was relevant to any claims of these substances being bad for you to inhale in vapor form via ecigs.

I didn't find a lot of useful info on PG, but here it is...

Propylene Glycol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1675525

Vegetable Glycerin:

http://www.ehow.com/info_8193833_glycerine-uses.html

http://www.lifestylekarma.com/2011/09/21/glycerin-uses/

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-vegetable-glycerin.htm

http://www.livestrong.com/article/70850-vegetable-glycerin-dangers/

If you like, do your own searches for info with a different question, but my main focus was based on what bacteria it kills, because I read on ECF once upon a time that there was a possibility that PG could kill certain bacteria that caused bad breathe and VG killed certain beneficial bacteria in the mouth/throat which could help to prevent certain air-borne respiratory illnesses, or vice-verse...that was a few years ago, so I don't recall all the details, as it was posted in several places

My opinion is this: if it's going to kill you, it won't be as quickly as tobacco, so what's all the hype about, anyway?

If anyone wants to get a mind boggling amount of ecig info and interaction, search the web for "electronic cigarette forum". One called ECF is massive, with hundreds of thousands of members world-wide...very hard to find anything through all the posts without doing a site search, but just as it here, opinions will vary, and the info posted there is from folks just like those of us here on SMF, only with the main focus of interest being ecigs and related topics. I haven't been there for a long time, but it's wealth of info.

Hope this helps clear the vapor, so to speak.

Eric

Last edited:
I like the p/g juice. I like the throat hit better. I will def try a blend though, that sounds cool as hell. You are a wealth of info, eric. Who needs ecf when i have you! [emoji]128516[/emoji]

I vape. I havent had a cig in 6+ months and it doesn't even smell good to me anymore which i find odd. Hardcore smoker, camel 2 packs a day. I started at 36mg of nicotine in my liquid and now I am at 18. Another few months and this thing is going in a drawer and I will be done and with a changed sense of smell for smoke. I have quit using a patch and that was like chewing nails all day long. With the vaping I didn't get that feeling it just kept and keeps me normal. I use a ZMAX and get my liquid at a place called mad vapes. I went big per the suggestion of a friend of mine and it worked. Currently i enjoy the root beer flavored liquid the most. Love the ZMAX its great and came with 2 batterys (each lasts a day) and a 2 battery charger. I use the vivi nova big tanks to cut down on the amount of refills and pretty much would tell anyone this is the way to go for quitting. I don't cough up junk in the mornings anymore and I can climb stairs or ride my bike without getting winded. Best of all my GF loves kissing me again!! Woo Hoo!!

I like the p/g juice. I like the throat hit better. I will def try a blend though, that sounds cool as hell. You are a wealth of info, eric. Who needs ecf when i have you! [emoji]128516[/emoji]
Anytime, brother...anytime. I give when and where I can.

Here's some great info I dug-up again from ECF tonight...the forum page title speaks for itself:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hen-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html

This is a repository for info...no posts, just info on a variety of topics related to ecigs...good place to start reading if you're not sure what you're really sure what you're getting yourself into (or out of) by dropping tobacco and picking up ecigs. Browse the topic forums and see what interests you the most:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/

Ecig reviews, if you don't know which one to buy for your situation...lots of pro's and con's will be found here with most brands/types:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-reviews/

And their main forum page if you want to pick and choose your own topics of interest:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

All those fine folks have done a billion times more in sharing info than I have, but this doesn't mean I won't keep in touch if anyone directs a question at me. Educate yourselves so you can make the best decisions in your future/current path to stop smoking...FOR GOOD.

Eric

Eric, you have gone above and beyond, and i thank you. Just ordered a T3 from apollo. By the way, i drive for a living as well. So we have 3 things in common. Smoked meat, employment, and vaping! One more and we may have to go pick out furniture together!! Thanks brother.. Papa.

How bout some link to these that don't need to live in the usb slots all the time? I have looked at several of the ecigs and my boss traded his real sticks for the pills and ecigs, he probably uses more nicotine now that he doesn't smoke than before. I have noticed that they are on the charger ALL the time, I would like to see the other options.

Thanks,

John

I meant to respond to this a while back, but haven't had the time to find the article. I read somewhere on ECF a year or so back that ecigs actually only provide about 1/3 the amount listed for nicotine content per cigarette equivalent due to the particle size of the vapor being up to 10 times larger than smoke. This causes less absorption through the alveoli in the lungs vs real smoke. That said, you might be vaping much more than smoking to feel the same effect, and, use of high-strength e-juice may only partially offset this.

For somone like me, not really quiting but using ecigs as an alternative, using the highest strength available to you is probably your best route, but you will probly use more ejuice than the marketing marketing documents will state. If using disposable cartomizers, this can add up to a lot higher cost over time. Refillable will save you much more cash in this case.

Eric

Eric, you have gone above and beyond, and i thank you. Just ordered a T3 from apollo. By the way, i drive for a living as well. So we have 3 things in common. Smoked meat, employment, and vaping! One more and we may have to go pick out furniture together!! Thanks brother.. Papa.

You're most welcome.

Ha-ha-ha!!!!! Hey, I'm just glad you have another source, now. Sux when there's something you want/need and all your online sources are sold-out. Let me know if you have any issues with the T3. Mine (2) have been doing great for 5 days and counting.....haven't even thought about breaking out my new CE4 yet.

Eric

EDIT: forgot to mention this, but there is an easier way to refill the TY3...just invert the assembly (mouth-piece down), unscrew the tank from the coil and refill.

Oh, and be sure to NOT turn the tank on the coil once you have the tightness you want. If you check the battery to coil connection periodically, be sure to use the coil knurled threads on the collar, and not the tank as a grip...still getting accustomed to doing that myself. Just finder-tight with minimal torque on all threaded joints, but the battery connection may need to be tightened just a bit if you notice malfunction (lack of vapor generation). If this continues, the battery is likely getting weak...replace with fresh and try again.

Happy vaping!

Last edited:
I agree, Eric did a great job of breaking it all down. I think we all go through the same process when we decide to try these things. I started with the V2 brand, graduated to the Halo brand and eventually landed with the eGo brand in the end (although my variable voltage ones are a copy of the eGo I believe).

It looks like the three of us share the same 3 things. I've been a truck driver for about 37 years now!

There are more brands than i can count out there, i am discovering. Some of them like the Provari, can run hundreds of dollars, and resemble a flashlight in their size. They use rechargeable D cell sized batteries! I cannot even fathom the amount of vapor they must create. I am content for now with my e-go and tank. I do not have the funds nor the incentive ( yet) to explore vaping at that level. I do know this, i am 8 weeks without tobacco. And i haven't bit anyones head off due to withdrawal.

Hey guys, I just noticed something in one my two T3's...the liquid was turning darker in color every day I used my main T3, and when I filled it yesterday, I checked out the short wicks in the coil assembly, and they were very dark in color as well...dark brown, not tan or nearly transparent as they should have been. I started thinking that this was from the coloring in some of the liquids I was using for my blend, and wondered if it might cause the wicks to foul-up. I did notice some changes in flow and vapor production as well...found myself slowly inhaling directly through the unit quite freqently, instead of drawing into the mouth, just to get a good hit from it...just wasn't normal at all. So, I used up most of the liquid, then switched to my other T3 and drained the remaining liquid (maybe about 0.2 - 0.3 ml) from my main unit, wiped off the threads and coil tube, and swabbed-off the wicks a little bit. When I refilled it, the liquid color in the sight window was a lot lighter in color, and resembled what was in my fill bottle quite closely again, so I got rid of this dark residue, anyway. I'll know more in another couple of days, but the vapor production seems to be back to normal again for more than 8 hours of use, so I may have prevented this one from getting a scorched or fouled wick, and should increased the coil life, too....we'll see.

Vape on!

Eric

I notice the same thing with my ce4's. I was thinking they were scorched or something. That may explain the burnt taste i get from them at times. I found a video tutorial on you tube that says tipping the tank and keeping the atomizer covered with juice will prevent that. My Apollo T3 s have not arrived yet, i am hoping their performance and taste are better. I am not a fan of cartos at all. I like "seeing" my juice levels. There are videos of people using a baby bulb syringe to power flush their tanks and carts to clean them and extend their life expectancy. I tried it with carts and it works, but not with a tank yet. But since im not using carts and am on my last ce-4, i am a bit hesitant.

I've noticed the same thing with all my clearomizers: eventually the wicks get burnt and you have to replace them. On the Vision (or Stardust) style, you can get away with washing them in warm water quite a few times, but the T3's don't seem to take to that as well. They do last a good long time before they get that burnt flavor, though. I've also noticed that they are very sensitive to the type of e liquid used in them. The lighter fluids seem to fare better while the darker, thicker fluids seem to get dark quicker. I don't know why that is.

The T3 is a great all day low maintenace tank, but the Vision V3 seems to be easier to clean and cheaper to rebuild.

I see myself spending alot of money and time figuring out which tank/ flavors are best. Ideally i wish for one that is no maintenance and long lasting. Good luck to me, i guess.

I'd recommend trying a couple of the Vision Version 3 types. They don't cost much and they are cheap to rebuild. $1.99 for a wick assembly makes it hardly worth cleaning them.

Hey guys, if you can find your supplies at a nearby vendor, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at the prices...competition is growing in this area, so prices seem a lot lower for many items compared to on-line prices.

Here's part of what I nailed on 05-20-13:

T3 $5.99/ea

T3 coil assembly: $1.79/ea (entire assy, w/o-rings & wick)

30 ml liquid: 16.99/ea

CE4 $3.99/ea

I broke-down the price per unit, as their printer had a glitch and didn't show that on the receipt...this was my 10-12 week stock-up purchase:

Search yellowpages.com for electronic cigarette, or, tobacco vendors...click on the link for their website, if available...if no web, give 'em call and find out what they have available. There are lots of smoke shops, convenience stores, drug stores, etc, supplying ecigs now, but they probably won't carry the good stuff like the eGO, etc. I'm going through a vendor who specializes in nothing but eGO and a couple other brands, and they are committed to their customers...if they don't have it, they'll order it for you, but they keep a great inventory on hand.

Good luck, and happy searching!

Eric

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky