Another milestone!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
How time flies!
Not too long ago, I posted this : http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...t=14738&page=2

And today marks number 1000. Alot has happened since the 500th post thread. I experienced my first BBQ comp event last weekend,I am just a few "armor shinings " from induction to the OTBS,The woodpile has grown to huge proportions with many varieties of future fuel, and I find myself with numerous thoughts about starting a competition team.
I need to come up with a team name first,then I can jion a couple organizations like the GLBBQA, and the KCBS. I plan on taking a judging class, and becomming certified, mainly to help myself become a better competitor, and understanding the way it all works.

Its such a short time ago that I was looking for advice, and spinning in circles trying to tune my cheapo charbroil. I kept at it, and conquered the monster. The confidence and experience I have gained from all the helpfull folks on this site, has inspired me to continue with the sharing of information, friendship, and goodwill.
I would say to the new folks on this wonderfull site,"be patient,use the information available, and tailor it to your needs". This site has some great and unselfish folks who go out of their way to help anyone and everyone. The "helping" mentality has spread all across the forums here, and strengthens each day.
Thanks SMF members, and moderators for keeping this place fun, informational, and friendly!

Capt Dan!
cool.gif

Good Luck on that Dan. Boy Last weekend really brought out competitor in you. Might make for a long day competing with a suit of armor on though. Sounds like a good plan covering all the bases.

Congrats Capt Dan on reaching 1000.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I too staterd in November but I don't think I'm even at 100 yet. Seems by the time I read the post, any information I have has already been given so I find no need to add to it.
I think it's great that is the case. Someone asks a question or needs some help and the good folks here (like yourself) jump on it.
Thanks to you and all the members and admin folks on this site.

Congrats Capt. on 1000

Your smokin wisdom has helped me greatly in the short time I have been usin this site. Good luck on the OTBS, I have been readin and I believe it is just a click away for you!
wink.gif

I also agree about the members and moderators of this site keepin it friendly and informative!! THANKS
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

congrats on 1000 Dan,very well said post and It's persons like you that make this great site as fun,informative and helpful as it is-please keep up the good work & good luck with all your smoking adventures.

Congrats Capt Dan on # 1000. It's nice folks like you that help us newer members get started and keep an interest in smoking meat and other side dishes. Without this great forum, a lot of us would be lost when it comes to getting questions answered and good advice.
Good luck with putting a team together for the comps and furthering your smoking endevors.

Happy Smokin

Steve

Well said, Capt Dan. I appreciate you passing on knowledge to others like myself. I enjoyed helping you and the team last Sat. I will think about that name and let you know.

PS -- You added 500 more posts since Mar 8th! That is a lot of help.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Congrats capt.

Hey been meaning to tell you. While i was down in Tennessee i kept seeing this particular chain of fish restaurants. Thier name is Captain D.

Every time i see one Capt D came to mind
biggrin.gif

Congrats Capt. Dan, it is a holiday here in Congo and I began making the mods on my Charbroil Silver today based upon your experiences and tinkering around. I will let you know how it turns out.

Way to go Dan. Thanks for all of the positive comments and your generous giving of points. I know I speak for everyone when I say that we are looking forward to your next thousand posts also. Thanks!

Thanks guys, Congo, are you really located in THE congo, Like Africa or some far distant place. If so, that is remarkeable. I hope your silver mods work well for you. I bet you will see a huge difference in fuel use and temp management. WOW, the congo. I bet its so hot there, you need to ad ice cubes to your smoke to keep it at 225 degrees.
icon_smile.gif

Congrats Capt dan, them 1000 marks mean alot of work and more importantly alot of enjoyment. Nothing like sharin with our friends and neighbors here on SMF. Keep up the good work buddy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky