• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Another Brisket

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
Chop that is a very nice brisket plate!!! I'm wishing you had me over for dinner!......

Your sons mac looks pretty dang good!
Thanks bud . Ever get down this way look me up .
Yeah , my son does good with that stuff . Sauces and soups are his thing . All from scratch .

I'll smoke 5'6 hours on the SQ36, throw the brisket in the oven at 275º, and hit the sack.
Ray , this is only the second brisket I've ever done , in 30 years of grilling / smoking . The first one I got alot of help from tallbm tallbm and pc farmer pc farmer . I also spent time looking thru these threads from Gary .

that's one fine looking meal!!
Thanks alot Jim .

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like chopsaw it is appreciated.

Warren

4x15mph

Fire Starter
Dec 28, 2014
Great looking brisket. I might have to try using the oven like you did following the stall. Your brisket looks juicy... did you inject it? That's a lot of juice especially since the paper doesn't hold juice like foil

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
Your brisket looks juicy... did you inject it? That's a lot of juice especially since the paper doesn't hold juice like foil
I did inject it . I used Tony C's roasted garlic . I actually did use foil over the paper when I put it back in the oven , because I was going to hold it for several hours supper .
Thanks for lookin .

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
After the first one I did a couple moths ago , I've been waiting to do another . High winds we had last week came thru and smashed my new 26 " kettle , so had to fix that first , and wanted to see if it was gonna run as good as it did the first time . So ran up to GFS , got what I needed .
View attachment 421955
Got the kettle set up ,
View attachment 421957
Trimmed and seasoned while the kettle was getting settled .
Salt and pepper only .
View attachment 421956
Started the fire about 1:00 in the afternoon . Settled in at 250 and ran up and down , 225 / 250 until midnight . I just let it go . Internal temp was 180 / 165 . Wrapped in butcher paper , and into the oven set at 225 .
View attachment 421960View attachment 421961
Set the probe alarm for 200 , went off at 2:00 . Wrapped in towels and put in the cooler .
I ended up putting it back in the oven @ 170 until time to eat .
Turns into a long cook time , but same as I did it the first time , and it was great .
Out of the oven ready to slice . This thing is like jello .
I wrapped foil around the butcher paper when it went back in the oven . Softened up the outside .
View attachment 421962View attachment 421963
Parts of the flat dried out some , but the rest is really good . Son makes a great baked mac n cheese .
Baked beans and steamed veggies , I was stuffed .
View attachment 421965
That was Sunday's supper . Left over sandwiches tonight .
Thanks for lookin .

Nice! Looks like a fantastic second attempt mmmm lol

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Chop glad to hear the kettle has recovered. That brisket looks mighty fine to me. Have ya called Weber to see if it's covered? May be worth a shot.

Point for sure

Chris

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
Nice! Looks like a fantastic second attempt mmmm lol
Thanks bud . Same as we talked about the first time . That's a no stress way to do it .
Just need to dial it in closer to supper time now .
Chop glad to hear the kettle has recovered. That brisket looks mighty fine to me. Have ya called Weber to see if it's covered? May be worth a shot.
Chris , I almost cried . Didn't touch it for 2 days . Took some measurements and used a bar clamp to bring it back into round . Fits better now than it did new , but that 2 " chip in the lid bugs me .
I was gonna call them just to see what they say , but works like it did so I'm happy with that .
Thanks for the comments buddy .

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Thanks bud . Same as we talked about the first time . That's a no stress way to do it .
Just need to dial it in closer to supper time now .

Chris , I almost cried . Didn't touch it for 2 days . Took some measurements and used a bar clamp to bring it back into round . Fits better now than it did new , but that 2 " chip in the lid bugs me .
I was gonna call them just to see what they say , but works like it did so I'm happy with that .
Thanks for the comments buddy .

You will get the timing dialed in. It takes a few smokes with your setup to start being able to reliably hit the time frame you are looking for. It is just around the corner for ya :)

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great, Rich!!
Why did you hide it for over a week---Afraid I'd eat it all???
Nice Plate Too!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
Looks Great, Rich!!
Why did you hide it for over a week---Afraid I'd eat it all???
Nice Plate Too!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks John. More than welcome to as much as you want .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky