AMNPS & 30"MES quick answer please?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmr57

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
In the sticks of NE Fla.
starting my first smoke with MES 30" electric and the Amazin pellet smoking device. Do I leave the wood chip loader in the smoker or do I completely leave it out?  Thanks for any quick answers as I have the smoker heating up and the Amazing device lit. Mike

looks like i am gonna screw up my first attempt.....cant keep the pellets lit.....keep going out, lit them good with torch ...TWICE. The only smoke i can get is with smoker wood loader. Dang it

Get some air flowing.....pull the chip loader out a little.   Pull the chip train out 1 1/2 inches.  don't latch the door all the way tight and leave the vent wide open....

i am doing some chicken thighs in a pan with a mixture, a recipe from raptor700, supposed to be at 250 degrees, when i pull the loader out my internal temp drops so low, i have smoker running at max 270 degrees with a maverick grill sensor saying inside is only at 220 degrees, if i put anymore draft to it i m afraid i cant keep temps up.   thanks for any help

big temp difference between what the MES says and what the Maverick grill grate probe says......uuugghh   The pellets finally stayed lit after moving them down to the bottom right next to heating element.

Trust the Maverick ET-732

I have to st my MES 40 to 211° for the middle rack to read 225°

Air Flow is important

NETBBQ has got you covered

Pull the chip pan 1 1/2"

Pull the chip loader about 2"

no water in the water pan

Exhaust wide open

Which pellets are you using?

TJ

I was using the Pitmaster Choice pellets that came with AMNPS......I finally got the thighs to 164 degrees, just had to run MES setting at max, move AMNPS box down next to heating element and pull the chip loader out about an 1"......took a lot longer than planned to get thighs to 164. Maybe just have to learn from this. Can't believe there is that much difference in the MES sensor and the Maverick sensor. Thanks to all who helped.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky