A question about barrel liners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would try to find one without the red or tan liner. It can be removed but is a terribly hard task from experience. call an oil distributor or two. You can usually get one for free with a little legwork. I got my most recent one from a candle maker. Feed stores are also good candidates for unlined barrels. hope this helps.

I just checked out your link and it looks as if what they are calling smoker barrels have the red liner. Generally so called food grade barrels have that red or brown liner in them. It does not matter what was in the steel barrel you get or what it smells like because you will burn it out anyway. I stuff an entire pallet in mine and touch it off.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky