$6.00 off Kingsford coupon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meskc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Kansas City
I know that Kingsford is not many people first or second choice in charcoal, but here is a coupon for $6.00 off a 13.5 lb bag or larger. I found this on another site. Here is his post.

http://www.gatherroundthegrill.com/coupon.php?store

"I’ve used this coupon about 6 times at wallymart! They sell an 18# bag for $7.49. Coupon says he need to buy another participating brand like Ball Park Franks, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, Glad product, KC Masterpiece product or Vlasic pickles or relish. "

"I usually pick up a small bottle of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce to qualify."

"1.49 for Kingsford briquettes = more money for FOOD to SMOKE!"
icon_mrgreen.gif

If this has already been posted sorry.

WHAT!!!

Thanks man, how do i give you props/points. Anytime you save me money im happy
Im emailing this coupon to myself right now too. it expires 12/31/09 so im going to stock up. Cant beat 2-3.00 for a bag
kris

I prefer Lump, but ultimately my budget dictates what I use...I printed the coupon, and I guarantee I will use the heck out of this until 12/31/2009! Awesome post MESKC!

Am I missing something? My coupon says "save $6.00 on the other white meat" meaning pork. Not save 6 bucks on charcoal.....

FYI I've found that Kingsford is now making a lump. It's called Charwood. I've bought it a couple of times and it seems ok. Burns pretty quick though.

it looks to me like the coupon is for 6 dollars off a purchase of pork, but you've gotta buy the kingsford and another product to get it. instead of 6$ off the charcoal, it's 6$ off what you are going to BBQ with the charcoal!

if that turns out to be the deal, it's not that bad.....

I printed the coupon and it really says nothing about buying pork except in the header of the coupon...still a great deal if it works. thanks for passing it on MesKC

that is exactly what i read too. When they rung it up my total was 4.60 and the lady said thats too cheap so there must be a catch. they made their own catch
kris

Here is another post from the other site. The person posting has as good point.

"Guys, I've used this coupon several times already. The key is the term “The other white meat[emoji]174[/emoji]. With the little circled R next to it. This is a registered trade mark for the National Pork Board or pork.org

You do not have to buy pork! If you really think about it this is a clever coupon as most would think you would have to buy some pork. Cha-ching Got ya!

I’ve gone into wallymart with full intensions of buying one of the qualifying items and have forgot and they still took to coupon!

Here is the language on the coupon:

SAVE $6.00 on The Other White Meat[emoji]174[/emoji]
When you purchase any 13.5lb or larger Kingsford[emoji]174[/emoji] or Kingsford[emoji]174[/emoji] Match Light Charcoal and one (1) of the following participating brands: Ball Park[emoji]174[/emoji] Franks, Hidden Valley[emoji]174[/emoji] Ranch Dressing, Glad[emoji]174[/emoji] product, KC Masterpiece[emoji]174[/emoji] Product or Vlasic[emoji]174[/emoji] Pickles or Relish

When you have a need for some more Kingsford charcoal go try it you won’t be disappointed"

Well I printed 10 coupons just now. I book marked the location and will be using the crap out of it this summer/fall. That is a promise!

Thanks for the info!!!

FWIW, i was looking around the coupon site and it would seem that they may only be good in certain stores, and for a discount on pork. their main page has the coupon offer with a drop down menu for the store you want, and prints a coupon accordingly.

Not sure. The ones I printed out earlier have no store name on them. when I selected a store then it put a store name on the coupon. I am going to try it and see what happens. The worst they can say is we don't accept that coupon.

I printed off a "test" coupon this morning and headed into the local Piggly Wiggly store. They had 18# of regular Kingsford on sale for $6.89. Went through the check-out and after it was all said and done........$1.27 for the bag and didn't even have to purchase the other product. Dang sales tax boosted the price!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Wife went in for groceries later today and picked up another bag. SOOOWEEEET!!!

Just to let you all know......sometimes these sites remove these coupons after a length of time so if you plan on using more you should probably print off a "batch" to be on the safe side.

It also says at the top of the coupon that it is a manufactures coupon. So they have to take it anywhere that accepts coupons.

Jason

They are also making a competition charcoal briquete. Haven't tried it yet but I will now. Its for hot searing on the grill or low and slow indirect cooking it says on the bag. Trial and error. Thanks for the money saving coupon. I use lump for smoking but I use the king in my weber. Cost rules right now.

Thanks again Jason

You can save it to a PDF. Instead of selecting your printer during the setup, select PDF instead. Then you can keep a printable copy on your PC
icon_biggrin.gif

I think MESKC is correct, the term save $6 on "The Other White Meat" means the The "Other White Meat" group is sponsoring the coupon.

Nice coupon MESKC!
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky