4lb flat brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joep1999

Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
Just curious how long I should smoke this, I know most say 2 hours per pond @225. I'm using a smoke hollow propane dual burner smoker. I'm also using a homemade dry rub.

Last edited:
Oh.. lol when center inside is at 160 to 170 ..then to 200 to 205 degrees internal temp. with foil, and poke through it in a few places with a small skewer or meat thermometer probe and see if it goes in real easy and no give hardly. Then it's done and can rest a half hour or more

Last edited:
Reactions: joep1999
Don't worry about time per lb on that brisket. It's gonna be faster because it's not that thick like a whole one. And it may cook in one hour per pound.

Last edited:
In the past I have waited till 180 to pull it then foil wrap it till 205 then rest for an hour. I have an Oregon probe I use with the display mounted outside the smoker.

Cool..well the flat is more delicate and may dry out a bit if cooked alone to that temp.. maybe not.. You could try 165 and wrap it.. put some beef broth in there.. a ,Table spoon or 3.. freeze extra beef broth in the ice cube tray and have beef cubes for whatever you want later.

Normally I do fattys.. everyone loves them, Lol. I do a diced check breast with cheese, onions, peppers. That's the favorite around here.

I did a 3 lb flat a few weeks ago. It was done in about 2 hours. I pulled it at 200 and let it rest for a couple hours. Great flavour on it, but it was fairly dry. I didn't wrap it though, which is realize now was my downfall.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky