$4.59/pound

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jord hawkins

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 5, 2007
Bowmanville, ON
So I go to a local butcher shop the other day and pick up a beautiful 10 lb pork butt that is currently in the smoker and out of curiousity I ask how much they charge per pound for brisket? The guy calmly looks at me and says, "That's be $4.59 per pound."

$4.59 PER POUND?!?!?!

Bear in mind that I've only done a small brisket that I got when I purchase a quarter cow so I've never purchased one from a butcher but isn't that an awful lot to pay? Is this a 'reasonable' price for brisket?

I know briskets usually weigh in a >10 lbs so that's at least $50 with taxes here.....maybe I'm just cheap......

If there's anyone on here that lives in the Bowmanville/Oshawa part of Ontario and knows a good butcher please speak up.

Thanks.

I'm not in your area but I see similar prices here in Omaha. If the brisket has been trimmed or is just the flat, it costs at least $3.99 per lb. When I get the whole packers cut, the price comes way down to around $1.69. I usually get a 12 lber for around $20.00 or so. Hope this helps.

Dave

lmao (and falls over, tries to stand up but is laughing so hard I can't).

Beef in england is so expensive I've stopped buying it.
Brisket (yep the cheapest cut you can get) costs somewhere between £3-4 a pound. That's about $6-7 a pound.

You people across the pond really don't know how good you got it :-)

I buy briskets at walmart for 1.67/# . And unlike the pork, its not been inject with up to 12 percent solution. They cook up perfect every time. Like the dog guy said if you get trimmed or just a flat half then the price doubles. My local butcher has hugely inflated prices also. Some things are worth it and some arent.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky