2nd sausages with the new grinder - Sweet Italian, Hot Italian, Bratwurst, Kielbasa & Linguica

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking b

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2012
Middle of Nowhere, South Central PA
Ok I figured I might as well make some more sausages & see if I can get by with a few less mistakes this time 
biggrin.gif

I decided I might as well make a couple different types again so here are the 2 butts I am gonna use.

I removed the bone from each butt & cut them up into big chunks. I put them in the freezer to stiffen up. While this is going on I need to run down to my shop & get a little work done 
smile.gif

Updates to follow...

Last edited:
Yeah... I remember when I got my new grinder........................LOL

:sausage: Can't wait to see what you make

Yeah... I remember when I got my new grinder........................LOL

I got mine 2 years ago and that feeling still hasn't gone away lol. I just can't keep making it or I'll run out of room to put it...

Last edited:
Ok I'm back. I broke a keyway in my Uni-plane & had to fix it...

Grinder loaded & ready to go.

& done - 15lbs of meat in 1 minute 36 seconds. I like this thing 
biggrin.gif

& here are the spices ready to go. I decided to make Sweet Italian, Hot Italian, Bratwurst, Kielbasa & Linguica

Updates to follow...

Looking good!

Nothing looks so purdy as the meat out of the grinder.

Then when we mix it into sausage, it aint so purdy anymore.

But it sure can taste good!

Good luck and good smoking.

Sure.  Do the fry test.

But we freeze most of our sausage.  Only two of us in the house.

I have found that sausage out of the freezer will loose a lot of that "zing" we get out of the fresh fry test. Even when vacu packed.

For that reason, I spice my sausages more heavily.  But only because I am seeking the right flavor out of the freezer.

Everybody has to do their own thing.

Good luck and good smoking.

I"d much rather have some hot Italian and Kielbasa rather than this oatmeal and yogurt I'm eating for breakfast!!! All those sausages look great!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky