2019 Superbowl Menu

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jtexans4

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
What's on your guys menus for the game Sunday? It's just going to be my fiance and I but going all out. My menu is also subject to change depending how the trip to Costco goes tomorrow! It's been -30F to -40F here in Cleveland this past few days... tomorrow and sunday it will warm up and be 50F! Perfect time to break out the grill & smoker.

Mine follows:
  • Smoked chuck roast (slicing for sandwiches)
  • Grilled chicken breast
  • Mac n cheese
  • Baked Potatos
  • Coleslaw
  • Crock pot buffalo chicken dip

• Smoked chuck roast (slicing for sandwiches)
  • Grilled chicken breast
  • Mac n cheese
  • Baked Potatos
  • Coleslaw
  • Crock pot buffalo chicken dip
At your place!:emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses:

More than likely, some abt's smoked spam or baloney, definitely some smoked cheese, and my favorite, smoked ramaki...mostly appetizers

Reactions: Unique Name
Smoked Ramaki sounds great. Here it's...
Peel and eat Shrimp with Sinus Clearing Cocktail Sauce.
Hot Wings.
Garlic and Soy Wing Confit.
Venison Chili and Rotelle Queso Nachos.
Ex-Sharp Cheddar Puffy Pastry Pinwheels.
Mini Pepperoni and Mozzarella Bolis.
Assorted Chips and condiments for above...JJ

Reactions: eazybreezy02
I am also doing smoked chuck roast but will be pulling them for nachos and sammies. My wife makes a killer bacon and onion dip, so we'll have that too. My step dad is a meat cutter at a local grocery store and I got a killer deal on beef back ribs. I know there's not a ton of meat on those but I got 12 sections with 3-4 bones for $1. Apparently his store doesn't like to sell those to the public so employees get them super cheap!

My step dad is a meat cutter at a local grocery store
I like that . Meat cutter is a skilled trade . Butcher just don't do it justice for me . Hard workin people .

I bought some beef back ribs last week at Schnucks . More meat on them than I thought . They were good . You got the better deal ,,, LOL

Reactions: DustyJoe84
I like that . Meat cutter is a skilled trade . Butcher just don't do it justice for me . Hard workin people .

I bought some beef back ribs last week at Schnucks . More meat on them than I thought . They were good . You got the better deal ,,, LOL

He's the hardest working of them all, and loyal to boot! Been at the same store almost 25 years. He's good at what he does and now that I'm into smoking meat, he comes in handy! :emoji_grin:

Mexican bean dip, and if weather holds out(supposed to snow) something on the kettle.

Chris

Unfortunately hockey doesnt stop for the superbowl, I have a game at 7pm, so.... we are doing food today. I know, it's not the same, BUT the temp outside is FINALLY decent enough to do some cold and hot hot smoking without meat freezing, lol!

Anyway, this is what is happening:

• Fresh cured ham, in the smoker all day today
  • Smoked garlic to add in to a roasted artichoke dip
  • Smoked and then grilled Cubanelles to add into a chili, with previously cured and smoked chorizo, ground beef, etc
  • Smoked garlic added into a fresh made hummus with some veg to dip (the "other half" suggested some veggies)
..... and beer. :emoji_call_me:

Reactions: SonnyE
Yep, lots of Beer!
But you can't show up tipsy on the ice.
I'm the goalie... I can do whatever I want, lol! But I will behave :emoji_angel: .... :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

More pre-superbowl snacks! About to go on the bbq! ( my bacon that was smoked a couple of weeks ago).

20190202_162122.jpg

Hockey always trumps the superbowl in my world. Goolies are a breed all their own. Good luck between the pipes.

Chris

I'm not entering the throwdown, so here's the menu.

Making the chili today. It's on the stove now and the smell is driving me CRAZY! Cubed tri tip, ground beef, ground sausage, reconstituted Ancho and California chili's, onion, garlic, and my own personal mix of spices and juices.

Tomorrow:
  • Homemade Queso dip and store bought tortilla chips
  • Crispy Cheetos (family tradition)
  • Chili (another family tradition)
  • Fresh baked cornbread
  • If the rain holds off, Kettle roasted cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli. Otherwise, its the oven for roasting.
  • Dark Chocolate home-dipped Rico Coco and Maria Mexican cookies for dessert.

Beer
Either bourbon, scotch, or Irish whiskey, depending on my mood.

Have a 6.7lb pork shoulder rubbed up in the fridge right now. Plan on injecting it with Chris Lilly's pork injection and making up pulled pork out of it.

2CEB5532-EFD3-4491-95AE-6491B715D843.jpeg
I work for a youth outreach ministry called Young Life and we are having a super bowl party at our house tomorrow.
Have 2 large TVs plus a video projector that will shoot on the wall to be about a 300inch tv!!!
Have 2 pork butts smoking now. Made corn dip, puppy chow, rice krispie treats,
Rotel cheese dip, Buffalo chicken dip, carrots and ranch, brownies, soda, and ice cream sandwiches to top it all off! Hope a bunch of kids show up.

Our food menu is as follows:

Pulled pork (2 butts in the smoker right now)
Buffalo chicken dip
Sushi
Mac and cheese
Baked beans
Pretzels with beer cheese
Meat, cheese, and veggie tray

Our beer menu is as follows:

Tröegs Nugget Nectar
Founders All Day IPA
Oskar Blues Hotbox Coffee Porter

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky