2013 SOUTH FLORIDA GATHERING (THIRD ANNUAL GATHERING) NOV. 8-10TH COME JOIN IN..............

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey keith.. I dont know whats up with the burner.... I have one laying around I will mess with it today and post up some results for you to look at....

Keith do you have a tractor supply near you? They have an adjustable pressure regulator. I paid like $15 for mine.... It's adjustable from 1-60 PSI........ Love mine......

It is Mr.Heater brand........ I think the item number is F273719

Yes I do Jar... will have to check it out... didn't see this post until now.. thanks bub....

OK.. so it seems ALL the sites at the campground are reserved... Hope anybody that wants to come has there site already... barrok66 tried to reserve a spot but there are none left... I know there are a lot of sites to the back of the campground that are not on the map.... may be possible some of those sites are still open... probably have to call and ask since they are not on the campground map... they are just a short walk away from us...

I can call and see if they'll allow us tenters to camp more then 2 tents to a site and that way we could give Barrok66 an RV site.  Both of the ones i reserved are RV's i believe...if we can have me, don, bill and bill's guests tents on one site that might give us room to give Barrok66 the other. Unless barrok wants that site behind us like Keith said....

What do y'all think?

Site 86 is now available and says it is good for a 35' vehicle.

Due to lost wages, lost vacation time and a cancelled TDY trip (I was counting on to make a bunch of extra money) this past week because of circumstances beyond my control I am pretty strapped for cash right now and will not be able to make it.

That's to bad Dave i was looking forward to meeting ya, but totally understandable. We'll see ya next year!

Barrok66 can you call HH soon to reserve that spot?

Well that's a bummer Dave..  Was looking forward to seeing ya again............You had me all hyped up for your pernil pork too..........  Sorry to hear about the cutbacks and hopefully things will pick back up and We'll see ya soon.......

Joe

I finally reserved a spot... i think it was the last one available.. #86.  my dad and i will be there fri thru monday.. I would like to smoke a couple pork butts and some appitizers and some chicken.. this is my first meeting with you all and looking forward to having some funa and enjoying some great BBQ.  Keith

i did and i got it... thank you!   i am looking forward to meeting ya'all and having some BBQ fun.have the spot from friday to monday. and it fits my rv just fine.  thx, Keith

Cool 66.. This is my first time to the south Florida gathering but I have attended many other gatherings in Florida, Louisiana and NC and they were all great....... you definitely wont be disappointed...were glad to have you aboard

Joe

Good deal Keith... glad to have y'all come and join us.... feel free to cook what ya want... where are you coming from (if you would please, update your profile to reflect that) ?

i am coming from winter haven,, i wil be in spot 86.. smoking pork shoulder, chicken quarters , sausage and some good appitizers.. have some fresh cought alaskan salmon too.. be ther from friday thru monday.. cant wait..

So I went and got materials last night to build the smokehouse... built the house today ... tomorrow I will cut door and vents and make dowel racks.... speaking of dowels... think I may have to take them back... they are pine and food will be in contact with them... should I get oak instead (more expensive) ? spent to much on this build already :icon_eek: LOL... sorry, haven't took the time to stop and take pictures... should be able to fire it up for a test run sometime this week... maybe the weekend....

Unfortunatly, We lost a few of the things that Dave was gonna bring since he can't make it....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky