1st BBQ Competition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rstr hunter

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Fort Pierre, SD
This weekend my brother and I were in our first BBQ contest.  It was a small invitational contest in Milbank, SD.  3 catagories chicken, ribs, and brisket.  We ended up doing pretty well getting 1st in chicken and 3rd in ribs.  We need to spend a little more time on the brisket as it did not work out very well this time.  Well we now have something to work on.  Sorry no q-view but did get a couple of pics with the trophies. 

5ca2d15f_IMG_0368.jpg

37674c84_IMG_0369.jpg

28185b86_IMG_0363.jpg

371c9030_IMG_0364.jpg

Not bad for a couple of guys with their Chargrillers versus all competition cookers.  Thanks for looking.

Those trophy's are qview for me, nice job and congrats. 
first.gif

third.gif
  Great looking countryside by the way, thanks for sharing. 
icon14.gif

THAT'S AWESOME!...JJ

Thanks all. Don't know how much a career is ahead in this, but we did have fun and it's nice to know that others think we're competent cookers. 

Great job..........looks like a family event that was perfect......Looks like the corn is about ready too...........Dave

Congratulations man! Indid my first comp in may and it was fun...tiresome and a lot of work but very fun!
Congrats again and good luck in future events!
Dan

Super cool! Great job guys!!!! My brother would be glad to see that Packer sweater too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky