Two minor new ideas. 1. Using a popcorn can. It's a nice size, and totally free (see my later post for where you can buy tins for under $12, if you don't want to spend $40 on gourmet mail-order popcorn and then use the "leftover" tin). 2. Using aluminum mesh inside the duct in order to trap more creosote (click on my "later post" link above to see a much better alternative for filtering material than what I present below in this initial post). There are many reasons to use the "mailbox mod," but for me, I want to improve the quality of the smoke that I get from the AMNPS. The pictures should tell the story. I drilled four holes at four points of the compass around the bottom sides of the can. Above: the main components. Above: The aluminum mesh inside the duct. I used mesh sold as a lint trap. Above: All set to go (AMNPS lit) Above: Smokin' time. I originally was going to use a long piece of duct between the can and MES, but after I got it home and cut it to length, I realized the inside was lined with plastic. Oops! I'll have to add the long duct at a later time. Smoking tri-tip for tomorrow's game right now. So far, so good.