Was a beautiful weekend is central Ohio, so I got a few things done on the Kamado Kooker. Cut some expanded metal to fit the bottom charcoal grate to stop the smaller pieces of lump fr ending up in the ash pan. Also cut an expanded metal charcoal basket for reverse searing on the top charcoal grate. I also made a few mods to try and make the smoker more airtight at the bottom. I started with placing some hi temp RTV sealant around the bottom air vent. Also added a hi temp nomex gasket to the top of the ash pan and the top of the bottom half of the Kooker. Finally I sealed the underside of the factory thermometer with RTV sealant. I had noticed smoke escaping the Kooker around the thermometer. I am hoping these changes will make the smoker a little easier to control on windy days.