Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Had some thighs in the freezer I needed to use and also some shirataki noodles approaching ng the use by date. Seemed a no brainer to do something Asian inspired. Ordered a few missing supplies from Amazon that came yesterday. First up marinaded the 10 thighs overnight. I pierced them multiple times and into a couple gallon ziplock of marinade overnight. Marinade I Frankensteined from a couple recipes online and keto'd it up. Ended up being this x 2.5 Ingredients
Marinade
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/4 cup chili garlic sauce. 1/4 cup sriracha
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoon brown swerve
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice. Browned the thighs and set aside. Time to make the sauce.
Ingredients
10 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 14 ounce cans light coconut milk
3/4t xanthan gum
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
6 tablespoons red curry paste
3 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce, optional
2 teaspoon Splenda
Steps
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set aside..
Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in curry paste until well combined, about 1 minute. Add all other than ingredients except xanthan and bring to a simmer. Last sprinkle the xanthan on slowly while continually whisking.
Return chicken to the skillet. Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
Whoever mentioned the copymethat app it's amazing. I import recipes, cook and modify both the dish and the recipe in the app making it my own. Awesome. Last up the noodles. No real recipe there. Chopped 4 bunches of green onion. Sauteed a bit in avocado oil, added the well rinsed shirataki noodles , fried in a liberal amount of roasted sesame oil and finished with soy sauce. Overall pretty pleased with the results. Here is a pic of the chicken and some plates with noodles. I'd have liked to have a lime for the plating but was too lazy to go out and get one.
1000006692-01.jpeg
1000006702-01.jpeg

Looks like a great meal

Works for me! :emoji_clap:

Thats almost, I say ALMOST, too pretty to eat!

Jim

Fantastic meal!

Yeah that chicken on the noodles shot, My goodness that looks so good!!!

Wow, that looks incredible. And that plate Pic is magazine worthy 👌

Looks and sounds great Jeff !

Perfecto!!!!! the pics look like they could be a TD entry!!!

Looks spectacular !!

That looks awesome Jeff!
Thanks for the compliments guys. It is pretty tasty. Trying to get my mojo back on plating and pics.

Ok Jeff, first off. Late to seeing this but now I have .

It looks and sounds fantastic, just a couple of great pics. I could eat that all day everyday.

NOW: I can't believe you would not stop everything and go pick up a lime. LAZY I say just LAZY,
( all kidding aside this is something I will have to try )

Well done

David

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222
Ok Jeff, first off. Late to seeing this but now I have .

It looks and sounds fantastic, just a couple of great pics. I could eat that all day everyday.

NOW: I can't believe you would not stop everything and go pick up a lime. LAZY I say just LAZY,
( all kidding aside this is something I will have to try )

Well done

David
Thanks David! I really should have got that lime!

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Just WOW Jeff what a spectacular cook and photo! The wife loves Thai flavors so I've gotta try this soon ! No way to match your quality but I've gotta try!

Keith

Reactions: jcam222
Just WOW Jeff what a spectacular cook and photo! The wife loves Thai flavors so I've gotta try this soon ! No way to match your quality but I've gotta try!

Keith
Thanks Keith. It's a very simple ingredient take on it but tasty.

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky