Spring is finally here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowboyj103

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2020
Alaska
IMG_2574.jpeg
So we had a record breaking winter here in alaska, 170 plus inches of snow. My smoker is finally accessible again as we had a solid six feet of snow out back that I couldn’t keep up with. Just threw on a rack of ribs to get back in the groove of it, I don’t think I’ve gone this long without firing it up in my life. Hope you guys have all been doing well!

Looks good. I lived in Fairbanks for 6 years. Me and the wife visit Alaska every couple of years. Been spring down here in Tennessee since February lol

Reactions: DieselTech
Looks good. I lived in Fairbanks for 6 years. Me and the wife visit Alaska every couple of years. Been spring down here in Tennessee since February lol
Fairbanks is way colder than here in anchorage. I lived up there for a while too but moved down here because there’s a bigger market for my business. If you’re up this way send me a message sometime, you guys are welcome to come by for dinner!

Fairbanks is way colder than here in anchorage. I lived up there for a while too but moved down here because there’s a bigger market for my business. If you’re up this way send me a message sometime, you guys are welcome to come by for dinner!
I’ll definitely hit you up our next Alaska trip is next summer to Homer

IMG_2575.jpeg
Two and a half hours in… I have a smoke question. My fire is burning too clean apparently, I can’t get any smoke out of this thing! Using post oak splits with a little hickory, the cook is going well but I would like to see at least a little smoke out of my stack. It’s probably not a big deal, just wondering if you guys have encountered this.

View attachment 696246Two and a half hours in… I have a smoke question. My fire is burning too clean apparently, I can’t get any smoke out of this thing! Using post oak splits with a little hickory, the cook is going well but I would like to see at least a little smoke out of my stack. It’s probably not a big deal, just wondering if you guys have encountered this.
Not seeing smoke is actually ideal. You have a good clean burning fire

View attachment 696246Two and a half hours in… I have a smoke question. My fire is burning too clean apparently, I can’t get any smoke out of this thing! Using post oak splits with a little hickory, the cook is going well but I would like to see at least a little smoke out of my stack. It’s probably not a big deal, just wondering if you guys have encountered this.
What type of grill/smoker are you using?
You could also add a smoke tube in there.

Looking good to me! I always shoot for a clean burning fire! Doesn't always happen but that is the goal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky