Smoker build - subway bread oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wibigfish

Original poster
Aug 27, 2020
Been looking around for a decent Proofer to make a smoker out of, but coming up short as not a lot in my area.

Ran into this on fb marketplace, thought it may work out well. Want to go pid electric with a smoke generator.

I know there a lot of guys that built there own on here, looking for any potential issues I may run into with this particular setup or if anyone has done something similar. Guy wants $500.

Attachments

• 9D8EE1E5-6C36-42D6-8EA0-077B5FC08005.png
    9D8EE1E5-6C36-42D6-8EA0-077B5FC08005.png
    486 KB · Views: 27
What are you looking to smoke, and what temps? Biggest thing would be what temps that is designed to safely handle.

Ryan

$500 seems a bit steep as a starting point IMO. You could start cheaper with any electric smoker and add PID. Or use you $500 as a down payment on Cookshack smoker. Let us know what you decide.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky