Noob here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RonMan

Original poster
Apr 13, 2024
Hey, y'all

I am not a noob to food or cooking outside. But I am a noob to the high-falutin' world of BBQ Judging! I signed up to be a judge for a local Kansas City BBQ Society competition here in my town. It's time to up my BBQ game! So I am in training and learning all I can in the next couple of months. What a better place than perusing the Smoking Meat Forum?

Smoke on, my friends. Smoke on.

Welcome from the KC area. You signed up for a KC BBQ Society competition, does that mean you are in the KC area?
Nope. I am in the southwest corner of Oregon. KCBS has sanctioned competitions across the US. We have one here in my little town that draws from all around the Northwest. It's called BBQ, Blues And Brews in North Bend, OR.

In this neck o' the woods, we smoke a lot of fish - from salmon to tuna. It's good, but nothin' like a mess o' ribs.

Reactions: JLeonard
Hey, y'all

I am not a noob to food or cooking outside. But I am a noob to the high-falutin' world of BBQ Judging! I signed up to be a judge for a local Kansas City BBQ Society competition here in my town. It's time to up my BBQ game! So I am in training and learning all I can in the next couple of months. What a better place than perusing the Smoking Meat Forum?

Smoke on, my friends. Smoke on.

Welcome to the fun Ron! Have fun with the BBQ judging - and please take us along for the ride!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky