Man cave!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice man cave Steve! You are gonna enjoy that!
I'm trying to figure that out:emoji_wink:! I was shocked how $$ Romex has gotten. Everything else electrical for that matter.
Yeah...I was glad we picked up about 300' of romex off the tear down for materials to build my shed. Saved a small fortune there....

Nice man cave. Go to town enjoy.
My BIL has a similar shed, one end is open with a double door. his mower, smoker and small shop about 2/3s of the length. The remaining portion is all insulated with stainless sink and countertop. This is where he brews beer and makes sausage. He put in one of those Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Heat Pumps for this side.
RG

Nice man cave Steve! You are gonna enjoy that!

Yeah...I was glad we picked up about 300' of romex off the tear down for materials to build my shed. Saved a small fortune there....
You sure did! Thanks!

Nice man cave. Go to town enjoy.
My BIL has a similar shed, one end is open with a double door. his mower, smoker and small shop about 2/3s of the length. The remaining portion is all insulated with stainless sink and countertop. This is where he brews beer and makes sausage. He put in one of those Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Heat Pumps for this side.
RG
Thank you! That sounds like a cool set up.

Very nice Steve! Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks Mike!

Nice building. What are your "Man Cave" plans for it?

My wife has been saying we need another shed. We have a 12 x20 but its pretty maxed out and we only park one car in the two car garage and that other side is full...primarily with a stainless worktable, drill press, welding machine, plasma cutter and a stand-up tool box. I have wanted a garage workshop but closed my business...still be nice personally though. I have a workbench but no roof over it. The stainless table in the garage is mostly to sit stuff on and also process deer when those times comes.

She just wants room to expand. She has every nook and cranny stuffed with sewing stuff and fabric and there are no flat surfaces left on our garage walls to put more shelves. I tell her it wouldn't matter how much room we had, we would end up packing it full of stuff. She's even creeping in to MY ManCave...my 300sq ft. office with TV, love seat sized pull out bed/sofa...computer with three large monitors, etc.

I dont want to just plop another shed (plenty of room here for them) out there. I really want something on a slab. Something that can handle welding and grinding and big enough to pull one vehicle in for working on it. Not sure I'll ever get there.

Looks awesome Steve. I have one that size down back. It's a mower cover and overall junk cat her right now. I do have a lean too on the side to cover wood too. It's on my to do list to clean it out any day now.

Nice! Don't forget the urinal....
sub-buzz-3259-1646070751-64.jpg

Nice building. What are your "Man Cave" plans for it?
Still thinking about that. I'm going to put plywood on the walls after I get the wiring in. The ceiling will come later. I already have a extra TV on a mount for it. And I have a neon deer head. And a few beer signs. I have a ceiling fan I took down from the dining room to move the air around a bit.

My wife has been saying we need another shed. We have a 12 x20 but its pretty maxed out and we only park one car in the two car garage and that other side is full...primarily with a stainless worktable, drill press, welding machine, plasma cutter and a stand-up tool box. I have wanted a garage workshop but closed my business...still be nice personally though. I have a workbench but no roof over it. The stainless table in the garage is mostly to sit stuff on and also process deer when those times comes.

She just wants room to expand. She has every nook and cranny stuffed with sewing stuff and fabric and there are no flat surfaces left on our garage walls to put more shelves. I tell her it wouldn't matter how much room we had, we would end up packing it full of stuff. She's even creeping in to MY ManCave...my 300sq ft. office with TV, love seat sized pull out bed/sofa...computer with three large monitors, etc.

I dont want to just plop another shed (plenty of room here for them) out there. I really want something on a slab. Something that can handle welding and grinding and big enough to pull one vehicle in for working on it. Not sure I'll ever get there.
Sounds like my problem!

Looks awesome Steve. I have one that size down back. It's a mower cover and overall junk cat her right now. I do have a lean too on the side to cover wood too. It's on my to do list to clean it out any day now.
Thanks Jeff!

That looks very nice and is large enough for a man cave. I have a smaller 8 X 15 that is the largest I could install without a permit. I also used solar lighting also to keep from having to get a permit.

shed1_016.jpg

Mine has turned from a man cave into a storage place for all the tools I can not longer fit in the garage. I bought too many large tools like A CNC, laser cutter, Lathe, milling machine, large air compressor and more for my retirement projects so all the normal tools that no longer will fit in my garage are stored there.

Reactions: 02ebz06 and Steve H
That looks very nice and is large enough for a man cave. I have a smaller 8 X 15 that is the largest I could install without a permit. I also used solar lighting also to keep from having to get a permit.

View attachment 697165

Mine has turned from a man cave into a storage place for all the tools I can not longer fit in the garage. I bought too many large tools like A CNC, laser cutter, Lathe, milling machine, large air compressor and more for my retirement projects so all the normal tools that no longer will fit in my garage are stored there.
I'm dodging the permit bit by not "hardwiring "the shed. It'll have two 20 amp circuits on a twist lock plugs supplying it.

I'm dodging the permit bit by not "hardwiring "the shed. It'll have two 20 amp circuits on a twist lock plugs supplying it.
Around here as long as it's not a "permanent" building, I.E. sitting on blocks or on the ground and can be moved, no permit required and no taxes...

I had to argue with our county tax assessor who tried to list my 12x20 shed as on a foundation. If it stops moving, the tax man wants a piece of it! That insanity is why my Dad's "garage" is essentially a shed on blocks. He could afford a building on slab but prefers "stickin' it to the man"!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky