Plating disaster!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Well with the hassle back chicken posts of late, i decided to do a different spin on one. Got three breast at the grocery. Did a slice lengthwise in them about 3/4 through. Did a mayo binder and a coating of garlic herb panko crumbs.
IMG_1663.jpeg

stuffed this slit with pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese, and a marina sauce I had Simmering.
IMG_1664.jpeg

Into the over at 400 degrees til they hit 165 degrees. Finished and out of the oven.
IMG_1669.jpeg

did a mozzarella pepperoni biscuit to go with them..
IMG_1665.jpeg

flattened a grands biscuit out. A little mozzarella and a couple pepperoni and folded over in half. Did up some fettuccine noodles to go with the sauce I made. and here is where it went belly up. My plating skills are horrible. Plated with a salad, a bed of the noodles with the chicken on top.
IMG_1670.jpeg

It’s ugly, but it tasted pretty darn good. Guess that’s what really matters in the long run right?

Jim

Well with the hassle back chicken posts of late, i decided to do a different spin on one. Got three breast at the grocery. Did a slice lengthwise in them about 3/4 through. Did a mayo binder and a coating of garlic herb panko crumbs.
View attachment 693688
stuffed this slit with pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese, and a marina sauce I had Simmering.
View attachment 693689
Into the over at 400 degrees til they hit 165 degrees. Finished and out of the oven.
View attachment 693690
did a mozzarella pepperoni biscuit to go with them..
View attachment 693691
flattened a grands biscuit out. A little mozzarella and a couple pepperoni and folded over in half. Did up some fettuccine noodles to go with the sauce I made. and here is where it went belly up. My plating skills are horrible. Plated with a salad, a bed of the noodles with the chicken on top.
View attachment 693692
It’s ugly, but it tasted pretty darn good. Guess that’s what really matters in the long run right?

Jim
I am plating challenge and always just prefer it to taste great! So you hit a homerun in my book :D

Reactions: JLeonard
Jim, What you call plating disaster I call a second plate please sir ( with a slight English accent, like from Oliver Twist ) lol

Nothing wrong with how it looks Jim and It all sounds good , also love your bisquit idea.

David

I see no ugly... I don't eat a lot of pasta these days (carbs) but I would inhale that. And what he said ^^^ about the biscuits. Like a pepperoni roll, but biscuit style.

Nothing wrong with how it looks Jim and It all sounds good , also love your bisquit idea.

David

Like a pepperoni roll, but biscuit style.
Thanks folks. It was a belly filling meal. And got the bisquit idea off instagram. Bryce said they needed a little of the sauce in them. But it worked great sopping up the plate.

Jim

Looks like you got that plate loaded up with some great chow, that's what's important. Nice work Jim, I'd hit that dish in a hot second! RAY

Unless your entering a throw-down Jim plating doesn't matter. Looks and sounds great from up here.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky