Pit Boss Sportsman 1100 on the way.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would guess running the blanket might run the temps higher than normal in the summer, you get more smoke with lower temps, it will feed pellets in a timed manner even if the temps are at set point, they don't want you to have a flame out, where the side box goes was that where the smoke stack would be without it? I have a Austin LX and had thought about making 1 of those before. didn't know they were making them

Reactions: DieselTech
Nice! Bout time you got that together. My camp chef insulated blanket stays on year round. Only two times I have ever taken it off are the last time I wanted to clean the exhaust stack, and when I wanted to do a 350 degree or higher cook as the magnets that hold it in place apparently fail at temps above 350.

Let's see them ribs and meatloaf!!

Do the instructions say anything about how to use the blanket?
I would think you could leave the blanket on it all the time.
Do you have a regular cover for it? The blanket may interfere with that.
Lol I haven't looked to see if it has any destructions🤣😂🤣 But yes I do have a weather cover.

I would guess running the blanket might run the temps higher than normal in the summer, you get more smoke with lower temps, it will feed pellets in a timed manner even if the temps are at set point, they don't want you to have a flame out, where the side box goes was that where the smoke stack would be without it? I have a Austin LX and had thought about making 1 of those before. didn't know they were making them
Yes the side smoker cabinet mounts were the smoke stack was bolted originally.

I only run the blanket on my CC when it's below about 60. The cooker has no problem holding temps in the cold but it conserves some fuel.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky